PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UNC fan here...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

UNC fan here...

Postby BleedLightBlue » Fri Jun 22, 2001 12:16 pm

Honestly don't know much about your team except you return a helluva lot of starters which is always dangerous. I'd like to know who's coming to Chapel Hill and I'll give you some tips, or some info on your team would be appreciated. Thanks!

------------------
"It is within these trenches that we enjoy the pursuit of our utmost potential on the field of battle."
\"It is within these trenches that we enjoy the pursuit of our utmost potential on the field of battle.\"
BleedLightBlue

Re: UNC fan here...

Postby ponytalk » Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:12 pm

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>No depth.<LI>Small Oline.<LI>QB battle<LI>Young secondary.<LI>Small but athletic team.<LI>Decent Defense.<LI>Poor Offense.<LI>Poor coaching.
</UL>

Judging from yall's schedule, you all will beat us pretty good. Peppers will have his way with our offense and our defense will fatigue (as usual) and you all win take over in the second half. I do not see you all putting up a ton of points, but I see SMU putting up very few.

I will not be attending the game, although I would love to go. Chapel Hill is an awesome little town and I love the area.

[This message has been edited by ponytalk (edited 06-22-2001).]
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby PonyPower » Fri Jun 22, 2001 2:14 pm

I'll be there. Can't wait to see it, because I've heard UNC and UWashington have the most beautiful stadiums in the country. Hope the Heels are looking past us to Florida State, and that we give you guys a good game.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby BleedLightBlue » Fri Jun 22, 2001 4:00 pm

Look forward to seeing you there and watching the first home game of the Bunting era. It could be close, because after Oklahoma and Texas I'm expecting some injuries, and possibly a team with low morale.
If you want to know any good places to eat, stay, or nightlife post it here and I'll reply.
Later
\"It is within these trenches that we enjoy the pursuit of our utmost potential on the field of battle.\"
BleedLightBlue

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 23, 2001 8:25 pm

Hopefully the Heels will look past us and take us lightly.
See you in Chapel Hill!

Postby BleedLightBlue » Sun Jun 24, 2001 2:28 am

I've been looking over your team a bit, and I noticed that you've got 3 parts of your team that worry me a little. Your RB could be tough enough to run at Peppers, who sometimes overlooks run defense for a pass-rush, Viloria is a very good player, and your secondary looks pretty talented.
BleedLightBlue

Return to Football