PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I love this team!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I love this team!

Postby 82Pony » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Yep, we are horrible. Unfortunately, this is the only university I attended, and I can't jump on the bandwagon of another team just because they may win more or be more geographically desirable. I hate perennial champions anyway. Never been associated with one. I will always support this team no matter how bad. I hate what June has done to this team but it's not the players fault. They are the players that committed to my alma mater. They are MY team. I wish we were better. I wish we were in a P-5 conference. I wish we had a great coach. But, we're not and we don't.....yet(? Stupid to even hope right?) We will get better. Until then I will cheer for, and support this team just like mean angry Footballdad. I have never personally met a single player on this team but, I will cheer for them as if they were my children. I love this team.
82Pony
Varsity

Re: I love this team!

Postby Diamond Girl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Well said!! HUBBA!
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby redpony » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:58 pm

82- good comments. I for one, don't love this team. However, I do love my university and find the performance of this team an embarrassment to the school. Maybe not the players fault although I think some of them are just going through the motions. Next year will be a new year and as always will hold hope for those of us who are alums and fans.
And for fbdad, we will be here long after his kid has been recruited over and he has moved on to some other fan board.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm

82Pony wrote:Yep, we are horrible. Unfortunately, this is the only university I attended, and I can't jump on the bandwagon of another team just because they may win more or be more geographically desirable. I hate perennial champions anyway. Never been associated with one. I will always support this team no matter how bad. I hate what June has done to this team but it's not the players fault. They are the players that committed to my alma mater. They are MY team. I wish we were better. I wish we were in a P-5 conference. I wish we had a great coach. But, we're not and we don't.....yet(? Stupid to even hope right?) We will get better. Until then I will cheer for, and support this team just like mean angry Footballdad. I have never personally met a single player on this team but, I will cheer for them as if they were my children. I love this team.

Breathe of fresh air and much appreciated. I'll continue to be 'mean & angry' in support of this team, simply to counter those that love to be 'mean & angry' against their own team. I can live with that. :D
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:10 pm

redpony wrote:82- good comments. I for one, don't love this team. However, I do love my university and find the performance of this team an embarrassment to the school. Maybe not the players fault although I think some of them are just going through the motions. Next year will be a new year and as always will hold hope for those of us who are alums and fans.
And for fbdad, we will be here long after his kid has been recruited over and he has moved on to some other fan board.

Here comes poor, angry redpony as usual! :lol:

If you hadn't noticed, this is a positive post about the FOOTBALL TEAM. Don't come over here and ruin it with your disclaimers and negativity. Can't you just leave us 'sunshiners' alone for 1 thread? I really am amazed that an SMU football players 'free' scholarship bothers some angry old man this much. I'll send you a Thank You card when he graduates old timer. :D
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby leopold » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm

I love this team, too. I loved 'em enough to stand the entire time in the rain last night.
Doesn't mean I enjoyed getting kicked in the jimmy after three hours.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby fifty » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

SMU will be back. Sometimes mistakes and failures are the best way to learn. Hopefully we can use these experiences to build a better program for the future.

Of course, that all assumes that we (BOT and all) want to be great again and aren't just shooting for .500 ball.
fifty
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:13 pm

82Pony wrote:Yep, we are horrible. Unfortunately, this is the only university I attended, and I can't jump on the bandwagon of another team just because they may win more or be more geographically desirable. I hate perennial champions anyway. Never been associated with one. I will always support this team no matter how bad. I hate what June has done to this team but it's not the players fault. They are the players that committed to my alma mater. They are MY team. I wish we were better. I wish we were in a P-5 conference. I wish we had a great coach. But, we're not and we don't.....yet(? Stupid to even hope right?) We will get better. Until then I will cheer for, and support this team just like mean angry Footballdad. I have never personally met a single player on this team but, I will cheer for them as if they were my children. I love this team.

Long live The 1500.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby sbsmith » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:25 pm

82Pony wrote:It's funny to me how the frustration of losing is taken out on our fellow posters, when we all want the same thing, a winning program. Why can't we just all agree to hate June and move on.

Even though we all want the same thing we have different ideas about how to accomplish that objective which leads to frequent disagreements. Ponyfans is pretty tame compared to the message boards of big time programs.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby 82Pony » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:37 pm

I knew I shouldn't touch that can of worms. :)
82Pony
Varsity

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:17 pm

I jumped on the TCu bandwagon several years ago as a result of SMu being the worst CFB team my entire life, save some .500 seasons in the last few years. I find it pretty enjoyable to have a good team to cheer for. I actually get pumped for the TcU games this year, and didn't even know who Smu played yesterday until right before the game.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rayburn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:21 pm

SMU Mustangs; Love 'Em or Leave 'Em.
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TidePony » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:35 pm

Even though it was brutal, I yelled for the Mustangs the whole game - and if we'd won it would of been an adventure to tell! One thing, I loved the way the students went to the other end of the stadium to help their classmates! That was great, yup I love me some Mustangs!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 am

SMU21TCU10 wrote:I jumped on the TCu bandwagon several years ago as a result of SMu being the worst CFB team my entire life, save some .500 seasons in the last few years. I find it pretty enjoyable to have a good team to cheer for. I actually get pumped for the TcU games this year, and didn't even know who Smu played yesterday until right before the game.

Now where's sbsmith to insult this guy over here who is actually a TCU fan... :roll:
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ojaipony » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:31 am

I will always support the Ponies. And I'm as cynical / pessimistic as they come as it relates to SMU athletics. However, for some strange reason, I feel our football program will be good . . . and soon . . . this is just a blip on the radar and I pretty much rode off the season after the UNT game ... still watching/rooting however . . . bball has proven that if we put the product on the field, "they" will come and support it . . . have to get our scheduling right but it's more about recruiting, Xs and Os, and mindset.

(again, if it were me as the new coach, my #1 immediate priority would be hitting the JUCOs for D linemen and secondary . . . while of course becoming best friends with the coaches at all the top programs within a 50 mile radius of campus).
ojaipony

Next

Return to Football