PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Updated: USA Today Coaching Salary List

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Updated: USA Today Coaching Salary List

Postby PonySnob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Marshall is ranked in the top 25 so they are getting respect for beating everyone on their schedule even though they might not be capable of beating anyone else in the top 25...and they have very loyal and supportive fans and have for years

I missed them at 18

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Updated: USA Today Coaching Salary List

Postby SMU2007 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Big12Mustang wrote:Only the team's fans care you dummy. Who cares that TCU and Baylor are 9-1 or whatever? Only their fans. Next!

The handful of people that will be watching the ncaa football playoffs care. But I guess besides those, you have a great point.
SMU2007
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 am

Big12Mustang wrote:Only the team's fans care you dummy. Who cares that TCU and Baylor are 9-1 or whatever? Only their fans. Next!

B12, you truly are a dumb [deleted].
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby DiamondM75 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 am

I care. It is great seeing small private church schools having success. Yes, I admit it is hard to pull for TCU, but it only proves it can be done. The right spin on this can help our recruiting and help build a program at SMU. So yes, I care and all Mustangs should.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Big12Mustang » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:

B12, you truly are a dumb [deleted].

And you are an [deleted]. And Dumbarse.
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ghost » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52 am

Surprised Brian Kelly at 1.5. Coaching salary is just one element of having a successful program. Pay Nick Saban 10 mil to come to SMU but don't do anything else with the program and it still will only be average at best. You need a good AD, president and board who are committed along with a good head coach and staff. Market the program right and the fans will come along with the wins, tv deals and conference affiliations. Nobody said it would be easy but TCU, Baylor, Utah etc are showing the way that it can be done
ghost
All-American

Postby floridianstang » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Bump. If rumors of $3M/year are true, then SMU jumps to top 30 and highest salaried coach in the G5.
floridianstang
All-American

Previous

Return to Football