PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL SMU-UCF GAME THREAD

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL SMU-UCF GAME THREAD

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 pm

W-L record says to me that SMU has failed it's fans, alumni & players by hiring this staff and allowing them to stick around long enough to leave after 7 years with an 0-12 record. W-L record says to redpony it's all on the players which allows him to continue to deflect blame or address deeper concerns.

2 very different perspectives. Is it this year's collection of horrible players, OR decades of University incompetence and lack of vision regarding athletics?

Hmmmmm
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Stallion wrote:Sutton is out for the year with a cracked vertebrae I believe

correct
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

I understand. But thr final weight is on the players shoulders. THEY are on the field.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:02 pm

footballdad wrote:W-L record says to me that SMU has failed it's fans, alumni & players by hiring this staff and allowing them to stick around long enough to leave after 7 years with an 0-12 record. W-L record says to redpony it's all on the players which allows him to continue to deflect blame or address deeper concerns.

2 very different perspectives. Is it this year's collection of horrible players, OR decades of University incompetence and lack of vision regarding athletics?

Hmmmmm
doesnt really matter
GiddyUp

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:04 pm

footballdad wrote:W-L record says to me that SMU has failed it's fans, alumni & players by hiring this staff and allowing them to stick around long enough to leave after 7 years with an 0-12 record. W-L record says to redpony it's all on the players which allows him to continue to deflect blame or address deeper concerns.

Hmmmmm

We were here long before you and will be here long after your boy is gone. You know very little, stop the charade. You are not a good muckraker once you admit that's all you're doing here.
smusic 00

Postby redpony » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:08 pm

fbdad- if you will check you will see that I have beatched about this admin and tiki's coaching staff for a long time..
However, the admin and coaches don't go on the field and block and tackle. IMO the vast majority of FBS scholly players already know how to block and tackle prior to entering college. Watching these games is painful when you see 2,3 and 4 players miss tackles, when you see missed blocks etc. That is on the players and their lack of something- be it competitiveness, desire to win or just going through the motions.
redpony

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 pm

redpony wrote:fbdad- if you will check you will see that I have beatched about this admin and tiki's coaching staff for a long time..
However, the admin and coaches don't go on the field and block and tackle. IMO the vast majority of FBS scholly players already know how to block and tackle prior to entering college. Watching these games is painful when you see 2,3 and 4 players miss tackles, when you see missed blocks etc. That is on the players and their lack of something- be it competitiveness, desire to win or just going through the motions.

I have a sneaking suspicion the lack of everything you mention; competitiveness, desire, tackling, technique, execution, etc will all experience dramatic improvement as soon as the new staff arrives on campus.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

smusic 00 wrote:

Hmmmmm

We were here long before you and will be here long after your boy is gone. You know very little, stop the charade. You are not a good muckraker once you admit that's all you're doing here.

Please, it takes about a week on this board to figure out the entire history of problems with SMU football. You know no more than I do, it's your blind allegiance which skews your reality.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby lwjr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:41 pm

I have followed SMU since mid 70's. Athletics has been a cluster ***** for as long as I have followed them.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby couch 'em » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:47 pm

I think desire, tackling, technique, etc. will improve when the new coach arrives because this team is demoralized and has quit, which I can't hold against them.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:15 pm

couch 'em wrote:I think desire, tackling, technique, etc. will improve when the new coach arrives because this team is demoralized and has quit, which I can't hold against them.

we can only hope
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyte » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

That was painful to atch. Its as if we sucked in all aspects of te game. We O was a turnover machine. Obeleive this was the worse special teams game n SMU istory. The D was porous as can be. Really poorly played game.
ponyte

Postby lwjr » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Ponyte, the team seems to be mailing it in. What are your thoughts?
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Big12Mustang » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:28 pm

couch 'em wrote:I think desire, tackling, technique, etc. will improve when the new coach arrives because this team is demoralized and has quit, which I can't hold against them.

Couch em is right
Big12Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:30 pm

If I were a parent of any kid on this team (save 5 or 6) my only words ever typed on this board would be "thank you"...under my handle of ThankYouSuckas$$14.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football