PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mike "No Evidence" Leach Still Winless in Court

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Stallion » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:05 pm

his legal record of about 0-5 is almost as bad as his Coaching record. He never had any cognizable claim against any party in this case and especially not against Craig James. He himself screwed up what probably would have resulted in a Million Dollar buy-out. I hope he enjoys paying millions to lawyers just to hide from what a stupid [deleted] he was in this controversy and in life generally

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ch-lawsuit
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Moron - duche B
GiddyUp

Re: Mike "No Evidence" Leach Still Winless in Court

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Ironic given that he is an attorney (well, graduated from law school)
RGV Pony

Postby footballdad » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Stallion wrote:his legal record of about 0-5 is almost as bad as his Coaching record. He never had any cognizable claim against any party in this case and especially not against Craig James. He himself screwed up what probably would have resulted in a Million Dollar buy-out. I hope he enjoys paying millions to lawyers just to hide from what a stupid [deleted] he was in this controversy and in life generally

I'm sure there is no shortage of Tech fans that would love to have his 'bad coaching record' back right about now. Say what you want about him personally but he took Tech to heights they may never see again. Mid level Big 12 program at best, and complete garbage this year.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Didn't someone post a court transcript on here a few years ago where the Adam(is that his name?) James pretty much said that he made up the whole thing?
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:47 am

vielsiehorsepower wrote:Didn't someone post a court transcript on here a few years ago where the Adam(is that his name?) James pretty much said that he made up the whole thing?

Leach was fired for insubordination after he refused to listen to his bosses after the allegations surfaced. When they told him that he was suspended with pay while they investigated, he essentially told them to F Off. ( btw - I wish SMU had the stones to fire our insubordinate coach).

As for the incident itself, I think that it is fair to say that everyone ended up looking bad. Crazy coach + helicopter parent + kid with issues = volatile situation.

Leach is a great coach, but his genius comes with a full load of crazy.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby dr rc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:43 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:Didn't someone post a court transcript on here a few years ago where the Adam(is that his name?) James pretty much said that he made up the whole thing?

yes, the kid and Craig made it all up b/c they were pissed he wasn't playing

CJ is a [deleted] canoe
dr rc
Varsity

Postby orguy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Glad Leach in not in the running for the SMU job.

12-24 at WSU (soon to be 12-25 after udub drills em this weekend). His system may have worked at Tech but he sure has struggled in the pallouse. WSU is a tough place win but so is SMU.
orguy
All-American

Postby KillBilly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:40 pm

footballdad wrote:
Stallion wrote:his legal record of about 0-5 is almost as bad as his Coaching record. He never had any cognizable claim against any party in this case and especially not against Craig James. He himself screwed up what probably would have resulted in a Million Dollar buy-out. I hope he enjoys paying millions to lawyers just to hide from what a stupid [deleted] he was in this controversy and in life generally

I'm sure there is no shortage of Tech fans that would love to have his 'bad coaching record' back right about now. Say what you want about him personally but he took Tech to heights they may never see again. Mid level Big 12 program at best, and complete garbage this year.

No thanks. We're good. Leach was a lazy recruiter. He never recruited anything close to the talent that Kingsbury and Co. are reeling in. And Tuberville left a huge hole on the D-line that they had no choice but to attempt to fill with JUCOs for this season...and it didn't work. We were hopeful but not surprised the JUCO DTs failed to contribute this year. Now we're about to play Baylor with only one healthy scholarship Safety available. So be it.

For the first time in Tech's history, we have a 5* QB committed and 4/5* DTs, LBs, DBs signed/committed/transferred (and about to be committed...;-). FYI, Mike Mitchell is a sideline-to-sideline tackling beast in practice as he red shirts this season and Tech coaches say nobody on the team loves football as much as Mitchell. Dude literally practices until he's bloody. He may not be all-Big 12 or All-American next season but he'll make it by season 2 or 3. LB coach Mike Smith has him practicing at MLB, OLB and pass rushing DE to open his hips and develop him as an all around defensive badass. Trust me. Tech fans are good with the status quo. 8)
KillBilly
Scout Team

Postby KillBilly » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:52 pm

One more thing, I'm a little concerned that Tech and SMU aren't scheduled to play in the foreseeable future. I'm a huge advocate of former SWC teams playing each other as much as possible. Plus, SMU always plays Tech tough as hell, which is simultaneously frustrating and awesome. You Mustangs were fantastic hosts last time we played and I hope nothing happened between the schools to delay us scheduling each other again. If anybody knows "what's up" with future Tech/SMU scheduling, please post the info. Thanks in advance.
KillBilly
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:07 pm

KillBill is saying the exact same thing I've been saying about Turbeville leaving a DLine hole at Tech that shouldn't be completely assigned to Pretty Boy. I think jury should still be out on Kingsbury but Tech definitely needs to show solid improvement in 2015 or the program faces a loss of momentum
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby footballdad » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 am

Hopefully Kingsbury handles the Webb/Mahomes/Stidham trio as bad as he did the last group and we can be on the receiving end of one of his transfers next time around. :D
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby KillBilly » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Stallion wrote:KillBill is saying the exact same thing I've been saying about Turbeville leaving a DLine hole at Tech that shouldn't be completely assigned to Pretty Boy. I think jury should still be out on Kingsbury but Tech definitely needs to show solid improvement in 2015 or the program faces a loss of momentum

You know your football. A team only takes 4 JUCO DT commits in one class out of desperation. The problem with JUCOs is that they're wild cards on and off the field. One of these kids could be a high draft pick if he gets his schoolwork together. He chose Tech over Oregon so you'd think he'd be motivated to succeed. Another is a model student but a so-so performer on the field to this point and, honestly, here is nothing wrong with that. Tech gave him a scholly and school comes first. If we bet on a bad horse, that's Tech football's problem, and the athlete deserves no blame. And finally, I doubt the other two stick around.

For all his accolades as a defensive guru, Tuberville put little time into evaluating talent. He recruited off scouting lists like Rivalry, Scout, etc. it was stars that mattered, not fit, and the player turnover proves it.
KillBilly
Scout Team

Postby KillBilly » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:32 pm

footballdad wrote:Hopefully Kingsbury handles the Webb/Mahomes/Stidham trio as bad as he did the last group and we can be on the receiving end of one of his transfers next time around. :D

Webb had a bad year for reasons like injuries that we may not be aware of, but he has everything necessary to be a badass CFB/NFL QB.

Mahomes is a pitcher 1st and QB 2nd. MaxPreps named Mahomes the best athlete in the country last year but his future is clearly the MLB, not NFL, so he's cool/happy being a starter or backup QB. (His dad was a MLB pitcher.)

December enrollee and 5* QB commit Jared Stidham threw/ran for 9 TDs last Saturday for Stephenville. As an early enrollee, Stidham could push Webb to transfer assuming he lives up to his billing in the Spring. With Mahomes as backup, I doubt Kingsbury would deny Webb a transfer outside the Big 12.

Interesting to think about.
KillBilly
Scout Team

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Honestly, I hope we don't schedule tech anytime ever again. That series killed us.
smusic 00

Next

Return to Football