PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

K-State Welcomes SMU Fans!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

K-State Welcomes SMU Fans!

Postby AtlantaCat » Sat Jun 23, 2001 8:23 pm

Pony Fans,

I hope to see a good turnout of 'Stangs in Manhattan, KS on 8/25. You will find the K-State folks to be good hosts and friendly people to party with in Aggieville or out at the stadium.

I am fired up for this game as KSU & SMU are my 2 favorite teams (I have an SMU MBA)! I have season football tickets at both KSU stadium and Ford stadium (Mustang Club member as well). The [deleted] kicking the Ponies laid on KU last year for the opener was great....even in 113 degree heat!!

Look for a purple powercat flag with "Atlanta Wildcats" sewn on it in the east side parking lot. I may even have an SMU flag up along with the purple if my SMU friend from Atlanta brings one. Stop by for a cold one as all SMU fans are welcome.

Here's to a great game!!

EMAW!!

------------------
AtlantaCat

Re: K-State Welcomes SMU Fans!

Postby PonyFan » Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:22 pm

Just curious - does your SMU friend from Atlanta have the initials MB?

The contingent of SMU fans will be small, especially in a stadium as large as yours. But I think you'll find them fairly fanatical. Treat us well while we're there (including on the field) and we'll return the favor. Maybe buy you a beer after the game?
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Re: K-State Welcomes SMU Fans!

Postby AtlantaCat » Sun Jun 24, 2001 7:57 pm

PonyFan,

Actually I have several good SMU friends in Atlanta. A few who went to grad school with me, but most I have met from being involved with SMU Atlanta Regional Council over the past 13 years. One of those friends also happens to be a co-worker (initials GH) who will be coming up with me for sure.

Hope to meet you at the game and I already have my tent reserved for the NC State game in the Big D...
AtlantaCat

Return to Football