PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Darius Joseph role

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Darius Joseph role

Postby SMU91 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Currently one of our best players and a tough runner when he gets the ball.
Since it seems we lack talent at RB and will upgrade WR this year any chances D Joseph could play RB? Seems to have have the size and build. Not to say he couldn't play WR just thinking of other possibilities.
SMU91
Junior Varsity

Re: Darius Joseph role

Postby malonish » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:26 pm

As a deep backup, perhaps. Gresham, Line, would be in for passing downs. Durrall and Nlemchi woud be the speed backs in my opinion. Joseph would have to beat out KC and Durrall.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Junior » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:48 pm

malonish wrote:As a deep backup, perhaps. Gresham, Line, would be in for passing downs. Durrall and Nlemchi woud be the speed backs in my opinion. Joseph would have to beat out KC and Durrall.

You know he's a WR, right?
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Junior » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Nevermind. Took me a minute to realize what all was said.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby malonish » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Junior wrote:Nevermind. Took me a minute to realize what all was said.

Junior with a Senior moment? :mrgreen:

I kid. We all have those.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:31 pm

SMU91 wrote:Currently one of our best players and a tough runner when he gets the ball.
Since it seems we lack talent at RB and will upgrade WR this year any chances D Joseph could play RB? Seems to have have the size and build. Not to say he couldn't play WR just thinking of other possibilities.

I thought he played terribly this year. Half the balls that came his way were dropped. Anytime he did get the ball he was tackled immediately.

I hate to be down on a player, but this guy needs to do a little work. Maybe he will read this, get angry like Bobby Bouche, and make some plays next year.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby blackoutpony » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:50 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:Maybe he will read this, get angry like Bobby Bouche, and make some plays next year.

Dreds Suck, shaved heads are better!!!
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Should be inspired by Morris & Senior year, no way he plays RB. He'll be fighting for his job next year because of this new staff, and Proche should provide stiff competition. KC & Gresham should emerge as top 2, Line in more of a blocking/FB role, Durall fades now that Phillips & Broussard gone.

Coaches have already made it known that they will not spend much time watching old film, choosing instead to make their evaluations up close and personal based on what they see in workouts and practices of their own.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:46 pm

He is really a possession receiver, and that role doesn't exist in the new offense. Sanders and Stewart and others hav emore jitterbug, so they are better options in the screen game. He may end up in the mix as one of the blocking WRs because even though he is not really tall he does have the frame to be able to block.
JasonB

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:47 pm

The kid caught over 100 balls as a sophomore. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt last year considering we had zero stability at the QB position. I'm hopeful he can find a significant role in Morris' offense.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Hard to judge any receiver this year because the QBs couldn't get them the ball on time in the proper location. WR Coach shouldn't even bother to watch the film especially since offense is so different. Grade based on spring practice
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ghost » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:32 pm

I thought he played a snap or two as a true freshman and was out of eligibility? Anyway, my guess is that Morris will play the best players to help SMU win and that won't be based on last year or spring ball but coming out of two-a-days. It really is simple...
ghost
All-American

Postby DiamondM75 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:01 pm

malonish wrote:
Junior wrote:Nevermind. Took me a minute to realize what all was said.

Junior with a Senior moment? :mrgreen:

I kid. We all have those.

That's right!!!

What were we talking about?

Maybe if I go back to the other room, I will remember when I return.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby knuckleup » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:02 am

footballdad wrote:Should be inspired by Morris & Senior year, no way he plays RB. He'll be fighting for his job next year because of this new staff, and Proche should provide stiff competition. KC & Gresham should emerge as top 2, Line in more of a blocking/FB role, Durall fades now that Phillips & Broussard gone.

Coaches have already made it known that they will not spend much time watching old film, choosing instead to make their evaluations up close and personal based on what they see in workouts and practices of their own.

Totally funny how y'all year after you waited for Kc to save the day and line will be blocking back only. Read that for years when line part one was there -fields, Williams, wembly, pope,- would all take lead role. Now Kc and Gresham will be the [deleted] -Yeah, keep dreaming y'all.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby footballdad » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:22 am

knuckleup wrote:
footballdad wrote:Should be inspired by Morris & Senior year, no way he plays RB. He'll be fighting for his job next year because of this new staff, and Proche should provide stiff competition. KC & Gresham should emerge as top 2, Line in more of a blocking/FB role, Durall fades now that Phillips & Broussard gone.

Totally funny how y'all year after you waited for Kc to save the day and line will be blocking back only. Read that for years when line part one was there -fields, Williams, wembly, pope,- would all take lead role. Now Kc and Gresham will be the [deleted] -Yeah, keep dreaming y'all.

June vs. Morris........Apples & Oranges

Line is a tough kid that blocks well and should still find a place in short yardage and FB formations. Not knocking him, I would even say most have grown to appreciate him, but 3.3 yards per carry and his skill set isn't a feature back in this scheme.

We'll find out in spring ball, all positions up for grabs, good luck to all. Exciting for fans & players alike.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Football