PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:43 pm

couch 'em wrote:I get so angry at ponyboy every time I read about the fraud of Jones

Battered wife syndrome is a nasty thing.

In all honesty, I think a lot of us were fooled by Jones. I admit I was sold after the second year bowl victory over Nevada. I thought this was going to be the guy that would take us where we wanted to go. After the TCU win in '11 I don't think there were many of us clamoring for Jones to be fired. The real turning point was Arizona State. It was so blatantly arrogant and disloyal that it really was the moment it all came crashing down. Its too bad b/c the program had an upward trajectory at that time. What kills me is that it was obvious that A) Jones didn't want to be here B) SMU was clearly upset by the way the ASU thing went down and C) Neither had the balls to do anything about it!

You will never convince me that after the ASU debacle occurred that Jones and his staff deliberately set out to destroy this program.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Harry0569 wrote:Image

Is this just fantasy...
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:13 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:
couch 'em wrote:I get so angry at ponyboy every time I read about the fraud of Jones

Battered wife syndrome is a nasty thing.

In all honesty, I think a lot of us were fooled by Jones. I admit I was sold after the second year bowl victory over Nevada. I thought this was going to be the guy that would take us where we wanted to go. After the TCU win in '11 I don't think there were many of us clamoring for Jones to be fired. The real turning point was Arizona State. It was so blatantly arrogant and disloyal that it really was the moment it all came crashing down. Its too bad b/c the program had an upward trajectory at that time. What kills me is that it was obvious that A) Jones didn't want to be here B) SMU was clearly upset by the way the ASU thing went down and C) Neither had the balls to do anything about it!

You will never convince me that after the ASU debacle occurred that Jones and his staff deliberately set out to destroy this program.

Honestly, I don't think ASU had as much to do with it... I think what hurt was that Klemm and JR were doing a lot of the work in recruiting and nobody filled the slack once they left. Prior to that point, there was enough of a mix of the analyze tape and get out on the road approach that it worked well enough. And getting transfers helped as well, of course. Once those guys left, we didn't get out on the road much at all other than Mason, it seems.
JasonB

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:02 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:

Dunno about that, you'd have to more clearly define 'deliberate'.

His 18-yr old son publically called us a sheety little school right around the ASU debacle, wonder where he got that idea from.

tiki's pronouncements, more so at the end of his stay here, definitely sounded to me like 'throw SMU under the bus'.

Was it deliberate?, maybe not as that might require too much work and we know how tiki feels about work.

I leave you with this simple question, you think tiki would be happy or upset if SMU started having real success. I say it would make him unhappy.

Oh, and his leaving for personal reasons, what a crock.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:21 pm

JasonB wrote:
Honestly, I don't think ASU had as much to do with it... I think what hurt was that Klemm and JR were doing a lot of the work in recruiting and nobody filled the slack once they left. Prior to that point, there was enough of a mix of the analyze tape and get out on the road approach that it worked well enough. And getting transfers helped as well, of course. Once those guys left, we didn't get out on the road much at all other than Mason, it seems.

Jason, really don't understand you or the positions you take.

So you are OK with Klemm recruiting primarily CA & surfer boy doing the rest? In your words, "it worked out well enough".

Well, it certainly didn't work out well enough for me.

Highest paid P5 HC & window closing on reorganization and what do we get in return??? lazy egotistical pos & 6-32 record.

Chad Morris & his staff will recruit more in 7 months than tiki and his staff did in 7 years.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:30 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:

Dunno about that, you'd have to more clearly define 'deliberate'.

His 18-yr old son publically called us a sheety little school right around the ASU debacle, wonder where he got that idea from.

tiki's pronouncements, more so at the end of his stay here, definitely sounded to me like 'throw SMU under the bus'.

Was it deliberate?, maybe not as that might require too much work and we know how tiki feels about work.

I leave you with this simple question, you think tiki would be happy or upset if SMU started having real success. I say it would make him unhappy.

Oh, and his leaving for personal reasons, what a crock.

I really believe that JJ had a bullseye on his back shortly after Rick Hart arrived on campus...and it didn't take him long to realize it
Charleston Pony

Postby couch 'em » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Don't forget the UCF debocle and the letter to the DC. Wasn't that just before ASU? I believe that was the turning point, and June tanked the season after, either through negligence or Intentional sabotage, and stopped trying
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby bubba pony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I remember that posting and indeed JJ junior was speaking from the family dining room exactly what June thought of SMU. I couldn't stand the sight of Jones after that.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Cool article. Go Morris. F Jones. I am not stating his name ever again on PF. Dead.
GiddyUp

Postby Johnny Utah » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:51 pm

What a joke. I don't get where everyone's excitement is coming from. So far Morris has allegedly done all this recruiting, however, he has zero commitments. What does that say? All he has is some players that are "interested".... What's the excuse? All he has done thus far is received praise from his high school colleagues. Why have none of these high school "colleagues"/"friends", who have "all of this influence," had their players switch? What are the high school coaches waiting for"? Are you all going to give CM a pass this year if he ends up with zero meaningful commitments? Does it count if he shows up with recruits with zero P-5 offers (a.k.a. June Jones) and says "trust me" this class is the most talented ever? What is the cut off date with you guys as far as just taking CM's word? I'm sorry, but I could care less how hard he works, give me the results.....Larry Brown had crew of commitments right off the bat..... 365 texts from high school coaches and no commitments. Either he has no real friends, or his high school coach friends have zero real influence over impact players.
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:53 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Cool article. Go Morris. F Jones. I am not stating his name ever again on PF. Dead.

There should be blank month on your calendar between May and July! :D
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 pm

He has 3 commitments all of which are 3 star on either Rivals or Scout
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby redpony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm

IMO- tiki intentionally destroyed this program. He had no interest in recruiting and also in coaching. What his little bas-ard son said was a true reflection of his feelings and comments privately to his family.
He stole 2+mil a year from us and did nothing because he did not want us to succeed. He wanted to show us that without his 'blessing' we would be nothing.
I hope he burns in hell and is never able to get another coaching job.

HCCM has at least made an effort to resurrect this program by actively contacting h.s. coaches and players. It may not pan out this year because of the timing but I believe that next year we will see major results.
redpony

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:12 pm

redpony wrote:IMO- tiki intentionally destroyed this program. He had no interest in recruiting and also in coaching. What his little bas-ard son said was a true reflection of his feelings and comments privately to his family.
He stole 2+mil a year from us and did nothing because he did not want us to succeed. He wanted to show us that without his 'blessing' we would be nothing.
I hope he burns in hell and is never able to get another coaching job.

HCCM has at least made an effort to resurrect this program by actively contacting h.s. coaches and players. It may not pan out this year because of the timing but I believe that next year we will see major results.

Redpony-I agree with you but If you have a lazy employee who is worthless its not the employee's fault that the checks keep coming. This is on Turner and Co.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:What a joke. I don't get where everyone's excitement is coming from. So far Morris has allegedly done all this recruiting, however, he has zero commitments. What does that say? All he has is some players that are "interested".... What's the excuse? All he has done thus far is received praise from his high school colleagues. Why have none of these high school "colleagues"/"friends", who have "all of this influence," had their players switch? What are the high school coaches waiting for"? Are you all going to give CM a pass this year if he ends up with zero meaningful commitments? Does it count if he shows up with recruits with zero P-5 offers (a.k.a. June Jones) and says "trust me" this class is the most talented ever? What is the cut off date with you guys as far as just taking CM's word? I'm sorry, but I could care less how hard he works, give me the results.....Larry Brown had crew of commitments right off the bat..... 365 texts from high school coaches and no commitments. Either he has no real friends, or his high school coach friends have zero real influence over impact players.

Well I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and take your complete ignorance of facts to mean that you don't check of very often. He has 3 commits, all of which are solid and is gaining the interest of high level recruits within his first 2 weeks. Or should the class already be full of 5 stars to please you?
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football