PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

Postby Johnny Utah » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Who are the three recruits? And guys who had already committed to June do not count. Not looking for 5-Star guys...I'm realistic.....Just guys who have other offers that include P-5 Schools. I don't think that is asking for a whole lot. I know of no other way to fairly evaluate a commitment.
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:07 pm

3 recruits
27 offers
9 P5 offers
2 of 3 have P5 offers

You can admit you don't know jack about college football anytime while there is still room on the bandwagon
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GreenbeltPony » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:Who are the three recruits? And guys who had already committed to June do not count. Not looking for 5-Star guys...I'm realistic.....Just guys who have other offers that include P-5 Schools. I don't think that is asking for a whole lot. I know of no other way to fairly evaluate a commitment.

D'erren Wilson: http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/re ... son-160201

Hunter Herndon: http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/re ... don-160377

Recommit from Michael Scott: http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/re ... ott-164904
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Why are y'all bothering - Utah is an admitted troll.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Stallion wrote:3 recruits
27 offers
9 P5 offers
2 of 3 have P5 offers

You can admit you don't know jack about college football anytime while there is still room on the bandwagon

:lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:What a joke. I don't get where everyone's excitement is coming from. So far Morris has allegedly done all this recruiting, however, he has zero commitments. What does that say? All he has is some players that are "interested".... What's the excuse? All he has done thus far is received praise from his high school colleagues. Why have none of these high school "colleagues"/"friends", who have "all of this influence," had their players switch? What are the high school coaches waiting for"? Are you all going to give CM a pass this year if he ends up with zero meaningful commitments? Does it count if he shows up with recruits with zero P-5 offers (a.k.a. June Jones) and says "trust me" this class is the most talented ever? What is the cut off date with you guys as far as just taking CM's word? I'm sorry, but I could care less how hard he works, give me the results.....Larry Brown had crew of commitments right off the bat..... 365 texts from high school coaches and no commitments. Either he has no real friends, or his high school coach friends have zero real influence over impact players.
. You are a joke
GiddyUp

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey Johnny Pootah, first I cannot believe I am acknowledging your post, but I am so shame on me.

The Doctor of Recruiting, also known as SMU head coach Chad Morris, had three "new" recruits committed. This was done in about 1-week before dead period started.

In an effort to communicate in phraseology you can comprehend, this thing is about to get sick cause 'cruits gonna be strait trippin to pass on the SMU pony-spress ridin again.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Johnny Utah » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 pm

the third guy looks like he has legit interest. the other two.....Indiana, BYU ? Major accomplishment. And what is the deal with you all? Do I need to agree with all the positive garbage you all have been sold in order to not be attacked? I think CM was a mistake (and it may have been our only realistic option). I get it. I hope I'm wrong. Am I still allowed to be a ponyfan?
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby fifty » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Call me when we get someone as good or better than proche.
Last edited by fifty on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fifty
Heisman

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:the third guy looks like he has legit interest. the other two.....Indiana, BYU ? Major accomplishment. And what is the deal with you all? Do I need to agree with all the positive garbage you all have been sold in order to not be attacked? I think CM was a mistake (and it may have been our only realistic option). I get it. I hope I'm wrong. Am I still allowed to be a ponyfan?

No. Please go away. You are bad at what you do.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Johnny Utah » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Ok, I'll leave on one of the following conditions.... either we land a top 500 recruit before 2015 or someone land the plane on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun the Nintendo game. No lying.
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:40 pm

You guys should be prepared that Proche is being recruited on potential. As he transferred this year to Desoto he only caught 18 passes for 335 yards (18.6 ypc) 1 TD. He probably didn't have the greatest coaching at Prime Prep and their schedule was I'll call sporadic. He made some plays on special teams too but I wouldn't expect a polished recruit. Watched him earlier this year on a High School Game of the Week
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ponypatrick » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Johnny Utah wrote:Ok, I'll leave on one of the following conditions.... either we land a top 500 recruit before 2015 or someone land the plane on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun the Nintendo game. No lying.

You are a "PATHETIC" Joke !!!!!!
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Johnny Utah » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:50 pm

No, in fact I was one of the authors of the Port Huron Statement.-- the original Port Huron Statement. Not the compromised second draft.
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby GreenbeltPony » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:27 am

Johnny Utah wrote:Ok, I'll leave on one of the following conditions.... either we land a top 500 recruit before 2015 or someone land the plane on the aircraft carrier in Top Gun the Nintendo game. No lying.

Ok you can stay.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football