PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: ESPN: Chad Morris, SMU could change Texas recruiting

Postby footballdad » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:06 am

Johnny Utah wrote:Who are the three recruits? And guys who had already committed to June do not count. Not looking for 5-Star guys...I'm realistic.....Just guys who have other offers that include P-5 Schools. I don't think that is asking for a whole lot. I know of no other way to fairly evaluate a commitment.

Who are the recruits? Go look them up for yourself Johnny Ebonics.

Why anyone replies to this idiot I have no idea.

This was my only, and last time.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:41 am

I am going to focus on the very positive article from ESPN and not go off on a tangent about JJ or other posters. This kind of publicity is great for us because other recruits see it and it helps us build momentum.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Lebanese4Life » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:32 am

johnny Utah what a dumb @$$

who would you have hired? And please don't tell me Mack Brown. Chad Morris is the best hire we could've made and for about 2m a year that's an amazing bargain. he's building and strengthening relationships with DFW high schools and they will benefit us in the future and that's for damn sure. Most of the top recruits for the class are already committed, but im sure we will get a bunch who have multiple P5 offers to fill out the class and that's a HUGE improvement.
Last edited by Lebanese4Life on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 am

You need to lay off the name calling. Board rule and just a general rule of humanity. Be a little more confident in your opinions that you don't have to be 100% testosterone 100% of the time.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 am

Yeah
RGV Pony

Postby ebrooks11 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:08 am

Idiots
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby Lebanese4Life » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 am

don't act like a dumb @$$ and you won't get called one.
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby Harry0569 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 am

guys, you're falling into his trap. focus on the article
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:49 am

Harry0569 wrote:guys, you're falling into his trap. focus on the article

Yep. If we stop responding to Jack Del Rio he may just go away
CalallenStang

Postby Alaric » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 am

EastStang wrote:JJ spent so much of his career looking for gems in the rough, that he forgot to pursue the players everyone liked. This showed how little he thought of our school and our program. Sooner or later that would catch up to him. Even if a team has no prospects, but its local, you send out your staff on Friday nights to just be seen at some high school football games. Take in a half at one game, go to another game for the second half. Coaches notice that you made the effort to be there.

JJ spent so much time recruiting diamonds in the rough so he could tell people he was a genius if they ever made it to the NFL. Unfortunately the hit rate is never high enough for the team to succeed...just high enough for JJ to be a genius in his own mind
Alaric
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyPride » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:27 am

Puckhead48E wrote:Proche reminds me of that kid interviewed after the game in the end zone who ended up giving an insanely motivated and detailed description of why his team never lost confidence and won. The comment in another story I saw describing how the current commits have a group text going to discuss their lives and learn about each other, and how they are trying to bring others in...it shows not only that Morris and his staff are bringing in talented athletes...they are attracting talented students who want to win. Very impressive.

James Proché is an extremely impressive guy, and that goes beyond his highlights and awards. You all saw in his video interview this summer what an sharp, professional guy he is. But he might have been even more impressive off camera. He came across as if he were getting ready for his senior season and for SMU at the same time. He sounded like he was ready to do whatever it takes to be successful in the classroom and on the field, and even then, he was talking about reaching out to other recruits. He didn't want to just sign a scholarship — he sounded like a guy who wanted to do everything possible to build a winning program. Very impressive.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby ojaipony » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 pm

PonyPride wrote:
Puckhead48E wrote:Proche reminds me of that kid interviewed after the game in the end zone who ended up giving an insanely motivated and detailed description of why his team never lost confidence and won. The comment in another story I saw describing how the current commits have a group text going to discuss their lives and learn about each other, and how they are trying to bring others in...it shows not only that Morris and his staff are bringing in talented athletes...they are attracting talented students who want to win. Very impressive.

James Proché is an extremely impressive guy, and that goes beyond his highlights and awards. You all saw in his video interview this summer what an sharp, professional guy he is. But he might have been even more impressive off camera. He came across as if he were getting ready for his senior season and for SMU at the same time. He sounded like he was ready to do whatever it takes to be successful in the classroom and on the field, and even then, he was talking about reaching out to other recruits. He didn't want to just sign a scholarship — he sounded like a guy who wanted to do everything possible to build a winning program. Very impressive.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Wish we had 20 more just like him. Need tough guys who won't "play second fiddle to anybody".
ojaipony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:don't act like a dumb @$$ and you won't get called one.

PM sent.
ponyboy

Postby Johnny Utah » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Man, you all really gave it to me. But look, I guess here is what drives me crazy.....1. CM knows and has good relationships with all the high school coaches (Hundreds of texts). 2. he is close friends with many of the high school coaches. 3. Everyone amongst the coaching community likes CM's vision and the direction he wants to take the program. 4. CM is a great salesmen. 5. Everyone believes CM is a good X & Os coach....So you would think 1+2+3+4+5 would equal at least in the short term with some numerous mid-level recruits with P-5 offers to flip and it doesn't really appear it has worked out that way. So far, it looks like all CM has done of any substance is to get a former JJ recruit to recommit. That's all....Gee Wiz....Go Mustangs!
Johnny Utah
Varsity

Postby Harry0569 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:27 pm

He's been on the job for less than 3 weeks...
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

PreviousNext

Return to Football