PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WOW! Patterson

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WOW! Patterson

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:50 pm

has won 6 conference titles at TCU. Very impressive, but TCwho still sucks. They will win next year but 2016 in Dallas - Ponies win! #Tempo #SMUisABetterSchool
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: WOW! Patterson

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:03 pm

now a 2 Time National Coach of the Year
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sbsmith » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Awesome, only 600 some odd days until we beat TCU again.

#CantWait
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby West Coast Johnny » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Just signed a contract extension
West Coast Johnny
All-American

Postby PK » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 am

Yeah, we like to make fun of him, but Patterson is a hell of a coach. I hope Morris is our Patterson.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby ghost » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:03 pm

P.... A great producer of football teams and talent and says the right thing most of the time. Just a shame that it is becoming a popular coaching method...intimidation, verbal and physical abuse but it works so let's give him the coach of the year award. It really is true in football that nice guys finish last. What has our society become that parents send their sons off to play under those conditions. Even more surprising is more and more players realize to make their NFL dreams come true they need to be pushed so they want to play for Patterson.
ghost
All-American

Postby smitty329 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:09 pm

ghost wrote:P.... A great producer of football teams and talent and says the right thing most of the time. Just a shame that it is becoming a popular coaching method...intimidation, verbal and physical abuse but it works so let's give him the coach of the year award. It really is true in football that nice guys finish last. What has our society become that parents send their sons off to play under those conditions. Even more surprising is more and more players realize to make their NFL dreams come true they need to be pushed so they want to play for Patterson.

Thanks June - I mean ghost.
smitty329
All-American

Postby ReedFrawg » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:35 pm

ghost wrote:P.... A great producer of football teams and talent and says the right thing most of the time. Just a shame that it is becoming a popular coaching method...intimidation, verbal and physical abuse but it works so let's give him the coach of the year award. It really is true in football that nice guys finish last. What has our society become that parents send their sons off to play under those conditions. Even more surprising is more and more players realize to make their NFL dreams come true they need to be pushed so they want to play for Patterson.

Not sure I understand your comments about intimidation, verbal and physical abuse, etc. Maybe you know something that has never been made public? Yes he has blown up at a couple press conferences but give me someone who gets pi$$ed about losing. Think your comments are largely unfounded.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:

Not sure I understand your comments about intimidation, verbal and physical abuse, etc. Maybe you know something that has never been made public? Yes he has blown up at a couple press conferences but give me someone who gets pi$$ed about losing. Think your comments are largely unfounded.

Can't speak for ghost, but what sticks out in my mind was the 2010 incident when Patterson berated the team doctor on the sideline of the SMU game because he said Wesley was concussed and could not return to the game. And if I remember correctly the team doc said that wasn't the first time Patterson had berated him for trying to hold players out of games for medical reasons. That incident made his comments towards Briles about the Ahmad Dixon incident last year especially hypocritical IMO. But yeah, he's a great coach on the field and I'll admit to being totally wrong about his ability to compete in the Big 12
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Return to Football