PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More DT analysis

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More DT analysis

Postby Dement-ed » Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:46 pm

There's talk about DE's Melvin Williams, Allen Adami, Clay Glockzin, being bigger, stronger, and ready to contribute this year. Anyone know if we have any DTs who redshirted last year and are ready to join the rotation? As I recall, our rotation of tackles this year will be JD Blagg, Lute Croy, Warrie Birdwell, Chris Post and MAYBE Marcus Walker, if he's ready. There must be others. Anyone able to fill in the blanks there?

Also, does anyone know how big Melvin Williams is now? All I've heard and read is that last year he was a freak in practice, regularly beating offensive linemen who outweighed him by up to 100 pounds. Has he filled out at all?
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Re: More DT analysis

Postby ponystudent » Sun Jun 24, 2001 6:22 pm

I think Melvin will never grow to the size of Aldridge or Pratt, but he will put on a lot of muscle. He will be a Vic Viloria type who fights and fights and plays undersize.

Vic has already proven to everyone that he is the real deal despite his size and I think Melvin will prove the same in a matter of time.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby 2PonySons » Sun Jun 24, 2001 7:59 pm

Allan Adami has gotten bigger and stronger and has not lost his quickness. He possesses the mentality of a true DL. He should be able to contribute to the pass rush this year.
2PonySons

Postby PonyPride » Mon Jun 25, 2001 11:29 am

Allan Adami's quickness obviously is still there. In the Red/Blue scrimmage, there were several plays that he blew right past Sterling Harris. (Although, before this sounds like Harris bashing, I saw him in the weight room last week, and he was working [deleted] footwork/quickness. Looks like he's shed some pounds and has increased mobility. Looking forward to a nice year from Harris and Adami.)
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football