PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Stay Humble, TCU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Stay Humble, TCU

Postby GoMustAAngs2007 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 38842.html

Thanks to Ole Miss laying an absolute turd in the Peach Bowl, we get to see this, along with an entire off season of purple clad yahoos talking about how Gary Patterson's farts smell like fresh cut flowers.

I half expect to see these guys at the NFC championship game demanding TCU get a shot at the Seahawks.

I'm sure if we were in that position, a segment of our fan base would probably be just as arrogant. But we aren't, so I will go ahead and hate.
GoMustAAngs2007
Junior Varsity

Re: Stay Humble, TCU

Postby ojaipony » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10 am

[deleted] TCU.

And [deleted] Baylor, too.

I'd MUCH rather see TCU do well than the Whackos.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 am

well, we have room to move up. 125/128 on massey ratings composite. ahead of New Mexico St. E Michigan, and Georgia St.

On better news or worse TCU is 4th on Masseys. ill stick with that instead of ap for the off season
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:31 pm

TCU finished 3rd in Coaches Poll
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:51 pm

I actually think it's pretty funny.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:06 pm

it could be worse. THey could have gotten into the playoff an actually beaten Oregon. Think about that for a bit.
gostangs

Postby redpony » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

I don't think for a minute that froggie high could beat Ohio St., Alabama or Oregon. Their image of themselves is grossly over inflated and somehow they have managed to convince some in the press of this fantasy.
redpony

Postby ReedFrawg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Somehow ole miss beat Bama...don't buy into the hype. TCU can compete and SMU can too with time.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby redpony » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:20 pm

reed- I have watched a lot of tcu, ala. and oregon games. No hype- Ohio St. would crush the froggies.
In fact tcu fans opinion of the team it reminds me of the joke about the flea foating down the river with an erection yelling 'raise the draw bridge'.
redpony

Postby smufan87 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 am

redpony wrote: Ohio St. would crush the froggies.

they never had a chance to do it

what does a team that played both say?

smufan87

Postby peruna81 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:17 pm

redpony wrote:I don't think for a minute that froggie high could beat Ohio St., Alabama or Oregon. Their image of themselves is grossly over inflated and somehow they have managed to convince some in the press of this fantasy.

I would take TCU as being able to compete with OSU...defensively they would match up well against the run game, and their offense would have actually brought tempo to the game. Still a mystery to me why Oregon went up-tempo on first possession, and then seemed to slow down and do sideline checks thereafter. TCU could and would have competed more than UO...don't know about the outcome, but it would have been a better match IMO.

BTW, TCU still sucks socks, but they had a team in 2014.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm

The announcers kept saying Oregon would go with the up tempo after the first first down of a series. Their 2nd and 3rd series had dropped passes on 3rd down so they never got into the rhythm. Those were 2 big drops that not only slowed their offense but OSU was able to score TDs.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Look I am not saying we would beat any of those teams ahead of us. I have zero doubt that we COULD beat any of them. I like to see the small private schools take it to the big state schools.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm

How about Michigan State? Their only losses were to the teams that finished #1 and #2, and they beat the only team to beat #3. Too bad the rest of the Big 10 was such garbage so they never had a chance to show anything against any other quality opponents.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:23 pm

The TCU inferiority complex has really kicked into another gear in the past month. I was in a suite at the game on Monday night through the generosity of one of my clients and there were about a dozen ADULTS decked out in TCU gear in the box next to us drunkenly talking trash to fans of both teams all game. It was embarrassing, but not surprising. It really is the private Tech

With that said, I think TCU could have hung with anyone in the playoff. They had a damn good team this year and will be very good next year. I thought when playoff came out that TCU/Baylor both had a legitimate gripe over OSU, but after seeing the way the playoff went I don't think you can really make the argument that TCU or BU deserved to be in over any of the other four teams. For all of the criticism of the committee, OSU really validated their selection
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Next

Return to Football