PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Black Uni's BOYS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Black Uni's BOYS

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:39 pm

smusic 00 wrote:Best I could do is screen capture.

1. Looks like an armed forces bowl special jersey

2.looks like a Houston jersey

3. Looks like a Memphis jersey.

I do like the pony up on the leg. Maybe an out there idea but "lock arms" on the back waist line like how tech has pants that say "guns up" there
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:53 pm

Those unis are awful.
I like the ones we have now.
Pony Express blues for home and all white for road. Just do that.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Those would speak to recruits. Lets face it, everything loyal ponyfans like recruits do not. See the common thoughts on the new old black jerseys with red chrome.

Point is this: do whatever gets winning recruits in the door and then go back to the retro. Right now we are making our retro look really unsexy
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:14 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:Those would speak to recruits. Lets face it, everything loyal ponyfans like recruits do not. See the common thoughts on the new old black jerseys with red chrome.

Point is this: do whatever gets winning recruits in the door and then go back to the retro. Right now we are making our retro look really unsexy

There's a difference between flashy uniforms that look good and flashy uniforms that do not.

Case in point: Oregon's jerseys are usually great. these are an eye sore. Flashy and new does not automatically mean it looks good
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:25 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:Those would speak to recruits. Lets face it, everything loyal ponyfans like recruits do not. See the common thoughts on the new old black jerseys with red chrome.

There's a difference between flashy uniforms that look good and flashy uniforms that do not.

Case in point: Oregon's jerseys are usually great. these are an eye sore. Flashy and new does not automatically mean it looks good

I agree. These are not good. I was only saying I do not care.anymore as long as they get the same attention Bryce English gave our black uni's. I have long given up relating to the younger generations.

Hence me claiming they would speak to recruits. I am only guessing now a days. I have no [deleted] clue and am finally realizing that.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:28 pm

I do, however, and have always wanted a blue and red look..not sure why, just did.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:40 pm

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:47 pm

I'll give you Oregon type Jerseys and I'll take the 400 Million Phil Knight has invested in that program and my team would kick your team in the [deleted] all over the field. There is no proven correlation that a team with neat-o uniforms performs or recruits better than teams with more traditional uniforms simply because of flashy uniforms.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:54 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:
vielsiehorsepower wrote:

I agree. These are not good. I was only saying I do not care.anymore as long as they get the same attention Bryce English gave our black uni's. I have long given up relating to the younger generations.

Hence me claiming they would speak to recruits. I am only guessing now a days. I have no [deleted] clue and am finally realizing that.

I am younger generation! Not quite the age to be recruited, but they still charge me outrageously for auto insurance
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 pm

I am a younger generation too. I am just saying I am already out of touch
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 pm

TidePony wrote:That helmet - is the worst.

No joke.

Having both school name/initials and a mascot is a Cardinal sin in helmet design.

And yes, I even mean Louisiana State.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMUer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

When your socks match your pants, which match the bottom half of your jersey...it looks like you just got a wedgie
SMUer

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:49 am

Lebanese4Life wrote:
CM doesn't want black jerseys. Recruits do. And CM wants recruits.

I like em. SMU needs to get on board with the funky unis like Oregon, Baylor, and TCU. Does huge things for recruiting.

Baylor alums said the same thing. They don't necessarily like the different unis and music etc but Coach Briles told them that modern day recruits like them and so go along with it. Also since SMU does not have the P5 label, P5 money or years of winning at the highest levels it helps. HCCM is trying to get us into the 21st century. I support him because SMU needs any help it can get.

Baylor is leading the way as Coach Briles announces new helmets 2 weeks before signing day. New Baylor helmets are pretty nice.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com ... mets.html/
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Arkpony » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 pm

Terrible! Awful!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU 86 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:34 pm

I like the forward thinking by Coach Morris.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

PreviousNext

Return to Football