PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Black Uni's BOYS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Black Uni's BOYS

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Chrome helmets look great.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU2007 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Roach wrote:
Lebanese4Life wrote:SMU needs to get on board with the funky unis like Oregon, Baylor, and TCU.

Puke. I want to win, but never want to be mixed up with those places. Can't stand any of them.

Yea id hate to win a major conference and be in the mix for a national championship
SMU2007
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Lebanese4Life wrote:
PonySnob wrote:So HCCM wants black jerseys just like June did? Are the geldings going to come back as well?

CM doesn't want black jerseys. Recruits do. And CM wants recruits.

I like em. SMU needs to get on board with the funky unis like Oregon, Baylor, and TCU. Does huge things for recruiting.

Helped Oregon & Baylor in their bowl games
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:42 pm

if it helps recruiting i am for it. I am clearly not the target market for recruiting efforts - so if oldish old oldies don't like them it really doesnt matter. We will come to watch SMU win in whatever they are wearing.
gostangs

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm

SMUer wrote:Image
At the same time, my soul won't rest until we rock the khaki/red way way throwbacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1523 needs to tweet the heck out of these things at Coach.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:53 pm

The chrome helmets suck because they make us look like Houston and you can't see the mustang on them. Have to wear them with blue unis or white unis with blue trim to make it not seem similar. Maybe a blue chrome mustang on them to make that pop? Or blue helmets with a red mustang if we have to do chrome.

The black uni is old, that is why it has the old shoulder stripes. If we are going to try something "cool" I would rather see a blue/red camo look before the black uniforms. I don't like the black and red combo. Maybe a black with a lighter shade of blue?
JasonB

Postby PK » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 pm

At the same time, my soul won't rest until we rock the khaki/red way way throwbacks

Yes on all of those for an occasional game. I agree the khaki would look good with the red and with the dark blue shown above too maybe. if you want to go with a red helmet then I think the chrome one looks better than plain red. Most of the time we should be wearing the blue jerseys, white pants with stripes and the white helmet with the red mustang. At least that is MHO. 8)
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Gray is the new black anyway.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby TidePony » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:09 pm

I'm cool with an alternate look for one game, but if we are going Power Ranger - go all out, and accent it with with a vibrant blue and not red.
No to the Tinker Toy Tech look!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby aus10fromhous10 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:51 pm

That's definitely a different black uniform than what was worn for the Armed Forces Bowl in 2010:

The first version of black unis were Adidas, and had shoulder stripes on the side, not top. Also, it said SMU on the front, instead of the Mustang logo.

Any ideas where these new Nike black jerseys came from? Where they going to be used at some point and didn't?

aus10fromhous10
Junior Varsity

Postby NY Pony » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:56 pm

aus10fromhous10 wrote:That's definitely a different black uniform than what was worn for the Armed Forces Bowl in 2010:

The first version of black unis were Adidas, and had shoulder stripes on the side, not top. Also, it said SMU on the front, instead of the Mustang logo.

Any ideas where these new Nike black jerseys came from? Where they going to be used at some point and didn't?

They're June era but weren't used. It may just be a sample. It's a black version of the GG era jersey. How have none of you figured that out???
NY Pony
All-American

Postby S....M....U » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:59 pm

PK wrote:

Yes on all of those for an occasional game. I agree the khaki would look good with the red and with the dark blue shown above too maybe. if you want to go with a red helmet then I think the chrome one looks better than plain red. Most of the time we should be wearing the blue jerseys, white pants with stripes and the white helmet with the red mustang. At least that is MHO. 8)

we need these
"An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame/SMU football game and doesn't care who wins" - Dwight David Eisenhower

Hail to the Red and the Blue.

S...........M............U

Moody Madness
S....M....U
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 pm

Black unis are so turn of the century. :lol:

Everybody's been there done that in some version or other.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:25 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Black unis are so turn of the century. :lol:

Everybody's been there done that in some version or other.

Gray is the rage now.

If we are going to do something ridiculous, I hope it's innovative like maybe multicolor or maybe even with LED lights or something.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ojaipony » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Chrome is so 2008. MATTE helmets are now where it's at. In fact, RBA got a retweet from HCCM suggesting that very thing.
ojaipony

PreviousNext

Return to Football