PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A message from K-Stateville Newspaper that should rile us up.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

A message from K-Stateville Newspaper that should rile us up.

Postby smu'06 » Mon Jun 25, 2001 1:53 pm

<A HREF="http://cjonline.com/stories/062401/spo_dean.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://cjonline.com/stories/062401/spo_dean.shtml</A>

This "journalist" has already moved on to the USC game, forgetting about SMU. Let's give him something to remember - spoil the party - and ruin the coronation of purple.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Re: A message from K-Stateville Newspaper that should rile us up.

Postby KSU4TC » Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:32 pm

FYI:

That is from a newspaper in Topeka, KS (60 miles EAST of Manhattan).

There is only one team (and sport) that the Capital Journal loves... and that's Kansas Jayhawk basketball.
KSU4TC

Postby PK » Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:34 pm

Post this baby in the locker room, the break room, the restroom and on Cavan's forehead!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JPksu » Mon Jun 25, 2001 2:51 pm

That guy doesn't even like KSU and the entire article is the old re-hashed schedule slam. I'm not saying people are giving you a chance, because in reality they aren't, but you should at least get riled up over something written by a pro-ksu author.
\"In the last eight to ten years I can think of two things that have lived up to their billing. They are Kansas State football fans and Michael Jordan.\" -- Fiesat Bowl Executive Director John Junker
JPksu

Postby PK » Mon Jun 25, 2001 3:12 pm

I understand what you are saying, but the fact that no one is willing to give us any respect should, all the same, be good for some motivation. We need some good motivation to get our guys fighting for their pride and a little respect. We have been struggling to get our program back to where it belongs for a long time now. Even a loss against KSU can be a possitive for us if we make it a good game. An upset would be awesome, but I'm sure Coach Snyder will do what's necessary to see that that doesn't happen...but then...you just never know do you??

Fire up Ponies!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 06-25-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grider » Mon Jun 25, 2001 3:23 pm

I see the Wildcats' points and we all know what it's like to be snubbed by the media. But hell, I'd write an article blasting SMU if I thought it would fire our guys up enough to pull off a miracle in manhattan Image

Just a side note: I really appreciate the civil exchange of information between ponies and wildcats on all of the boards. Keep it going!! I'm getting more and more pumped about August 25th!
Kick 'em Stangs!!
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby Bookcat » Mon Jun 25, 2001 4:11 pm

Take this with a grain of salt...please.....this guy is SO anti KSU everthing it's kind of funny sometimes....but enough to pi$$ us off....

I call it the "KSU virus"...any team that is put on KSU's OOC that is a decent team on a down year is instantly a patsy,...prime examples include Louisiana Tech and Iowa...two teams that beat some quality competition the season before KSU scheduled them...and let's throw in USC too....I mean Mr. Dean used a Jim Rome reference in his column...who cares what Jim Rome thinks of USC?? But of course, to biased column hackers like Rick Dean those games are below the heartdeck....

And this is a good quote from ol' Rick-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And, yes, there may be some grumbling come November when memories of the BCA are gone and concerns about the BCS appear. "What does K-State have to do to get some respect?" we'll hear then.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well gee RIck, I remeber reading an axe grinding column like this about 2 years ago when you said beating Nebraska once wans't enough to garner much attention...well, how's twice Rick? It's funny...guys like this look a 3 games in the offseason and disgregard the plus 90% winning percentage since the inception of the big 12 to value the KSU team...I think he' jealous that KSU will probably lay about 50 unanswered on his alma mater (Kansas)
Fortuneatly for the rest of the football world...guys like Rick are the "minority" and those with IQ's above room temperature know better about this matchup...
OK, I've said my piece...
I don't predict victories, but I predict it will happen. - Bill Snyder ( in a 1989 press conference)
Bookcat

Return to Football