PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Our new Receiving Core

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Our new Receiving Core

Postby jimhagle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Hopefully we can block well enough next season to allow the new offense to jell. That is the biggest concern-on offense ,that is. And it is huge.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:53 pm

I think its quite instructive that both Kevin Thomas and Alex Honey put about 10 blocking plays on their highlites videos. Thomas especially is reputed to be a blocking headhunter but I was impressed with Honey's blocking too. Honey has a lot of room to grow on that 6-4 frame
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:04 pm

I think the lack of offensive linemen in this class is telling of morris being okay with the physical tools he has on o line. Probably thinks they aren't good now, but he can make em good while he gets the skill players in place.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Puckhead48E » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:55 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:I think the lack of offensive linemen in this class is telling of morris being okay with the physical tools he has on o line. Probably thinks they aren't good now, but he can make em good while he gets the skill players in place.

Possibly, or due to the fact that HCCM and associates realize they need more time than a month and more offense than recruits to get those big linemen to commit. Another component that will truly begin falling into place based on the success of this season.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football