PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Five SMU players (per E J Holland)

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Five SMU players (per E J Holland)

Postby jpe747 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 am

jpe747
Heisman

Re: Five SMU players (per E J Holland)

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 am

Good write up. Lots of questions all around. Can't wait for the spring game!
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 am

smusic 00 wrote:Good write up. Lots of questions all around. Can't wait for the spring game!

Spring game? What is this spring game you speak of?
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby GreenbeltPony » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:18 am

Treadway21 wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Good write up. Lots of questions all around. Can't wait for the spring game!

The first game of the spring college football season as per JJ's suggestion.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:12 am

The number one player on that list should be Matt Davis. Davis is going to excel in the CM offense. I'll go out on a limb and predict that Matt Davis breaks the total yards from scrimmage record by a QB at SMU.

Number 2 should be Gaines. CM is going to figure out how to use him, whether it is at WR or HB/TE.

Number 3 Sutton. The guy is physical, athletic, and has good size. He will have an impact somewhere on the field on offense or defense.

Number 4 Gresham.

Number 5 Ryheem Malone or Shelby Walker. Malone came in late, but still saw PT as a true frosh. He is really smooth with good hands. Walker has speed. Both of these guys will benefit from having the spring, and I think one of them will be really involved next year even with the stud receivers coming in.
JasonB

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:30 am

I don't see either of your number 5's getting much time at WR.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am

GreenbeltPony wrote:
Treadway21 wrote:

The first game of the spring college football season as per JJ's suggestion.

+1
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 pm

JasonB wrote: I'll go out on a limb and predict that Matt Davis breaks the total yards from scrimmage record by a QB at SMU.

The ghost of Ramon Flanigan judges you :)
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:44 pm

JasonB wrote:The number one player on that list should be Matt Davis. Davis is going to excel in the CM offense. I'll go out on a limb and predict that Matt Davis breaks the total yards from scrimmage record by a QB at SMU.

Number 2 should be Gaines. CM is going to figure out how to use him, whether it is at WR or HB/TE.

Number 3 Sutton. The guy is physical, athletic, and has good size. He will have an impact somewhere on the field on offense or defense.

Number 4 Gresham.

Number 5 Ryheem Malone or Shelby Walker. Malone came in late, but still saw PT as a true frosh. He is really smooth with good hands. Walker has speed. Both of these guys will benefit from having the spring, and I think one of them will be really involved next year even with the stud receivers coming in.

I've been a big advocate but Shelby walker should not have been on the field this year and needs for redshir . Can't play d1 ball weighing less than 150
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby mavsrage311 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:04 pm

JasonB wrote:The number one player on that list should be Matt Davis. Davis is going to excel in the CM offense. I'll go out on a limb and predict that Matt Davis breaks the total yards from scrimmage record by a QB at SMU.

Jason Jason Jason...

He's more likely to lose the job to Hicks than he is to get that record.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm

I wouldn't count Davis out quite so quickly. He basically played last year with no coaching. I am interested to see how he does with the spring under his belt, just like Hicks.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Terry Webster wrote:I wouldn't count Davis out quite so quickly. He basically played last year with no coaching. I am interested to see how he does with the spring under his belt, just like Hicks.

Precisely what I've been saying. Let's let the guy have a chance without his hands tied behind his back before we count him out
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby SMUalum85 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Number 4 Gresham.

I couldn't agree more with this list. The only thing I'm not sold on is your #1. He might have to be the answer if Hicks isn't ready to play, but I think after spring ball they'll have their answer.

Change #1 to Horace Richardson. One of the most talented corners we've had in a long time. If he toughens up, matures, and is held accountable by this new staff, I think he can be the next Pony DB in the NFL.
SMUalum85

Return to Football