PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tell me something about SMU please...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tell me something about SMU please...

Postby Bookcat » Mon Jun 25, 2001 3:56 pm

I'll admit I don't know the key players for the 2001 SMU squad but I'm interested to know...Things like QB status (year, number of starts...etc...stats?)
Are the Stangs a defensive oriented or offensive team? What plays do you favor? Etc....I'll post some KSU stuff soon when the time is appropriate...
Here's to a great matchup...and may the flamers be at a minimum...(for both schools)

By the way....
Great site, I love the setup and it looks sharp...

------------------
I don't predict victories, but I predict it will happen. - Bill Snyder ( in a 1989 press conference)
I don't predict victories, but I predict it will happen. - Bill Snyder ( in a 1989 press conference)
Bookcat

Re: Tell me something about SMU please...

Postby Grider » Mon Jun 25, 2001 4:33 pm

SMU has a really talented defense, and a really tough core of linebackers that I think will impress you,led by Vic Viloria. D.D. Lee is a redshirt LB who everyone is very high on right now as well. We are decent on the d-line, but don't have too much depth, that is really going to sting when we play KSU. We have a monster at defensive end in Kevin Aldridge, he's due to have big year. Our db's are comparatively weak, but they really showed improvement over the course of last year. Kevin Garrett is pretty much our jewel here. He's a corner who runs a a 4.2something in the forty, and he just keeps getting better. The option, I would say, would be SMU's specialty in defending.

That's my take on the defense, but our "O" has been so stagnate over the last year that the defense was spending way too much time on the field. That's due 99% to coaching and play calling not our level of talent on offense. But I'll let someone else do the honors on the offensive break-down/ playmakers.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Return to Football