PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

the unbelievable josh mCcown

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

the unbelievable josh mCcown

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:09 am

http://nypost.com/2015/02/12/released-v ... ets-radar/

now the jets want him?
why? why why why why????
never has a luckier person played in the nfl.
it's not like he ever achieved anything.
what did he ever accomplish?
what a travesty.
the jets are the jets and always will be.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: the unbelievable josh mCcown

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:24 am

I would not say he is any luckier than your buddy Ryan Tannehill. Wide receiver drafted as a starting QB who is getting a contract extension after not accomplishing anything, not to mention his hot wife.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:34 am

tannehill can only hope to be 35 years old and have done nothing--zero zip nada--and still be in the nfl.
mccown has been atrocious while tannehill has been average.
i would take tannehill in a millisecond over that bum mccown.
Nacho

Postby PonyTime » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

Josh MCcown is the Steve Deberg of his day. He will fit well with the Jets...and remember - DeBerg went to the Super Bowl at age 45 after 7 teams (Oldest player to ever be on a Super Bowl Roster)

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby AustinPerson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 am

I wonder if guys like McCown who go from team to team each year make enough money to really make this thing a financial reality. Your 20s and 30s are a good time to start building a career.
AustinPerson
All-American

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

deberg actually had a lower passer rating than mccown.
76.1 to 74.2.
maybe mccown will play into his 80s just to spite me.
Nacho

Postby JasonB » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:09 am

AustinPerson wrote:I wonder if guys like McCown who go from team to team each year make enough money to really make this thing a financial reality. Your 20s and 30s are a good time to start building a career.

I don't know the numbers exactly, but the minimum salary for a 5 year vet is way over 500K. So yeah, I think he is doing just fine.

McCown is a consummate professional. He prepares very hard and he doesn't screw things up when he is in the game. He is exactly what you want from a backup QB in the NFL.
JasonB

Postby leopold » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:23 am

I could be wrong, I believe he was making $2M as a backup with the Bears. So money isn't the issue with him.

Congrats to him, hope he continues to do well. That being said, the Jets seem like the kiss of death to anybody not named Namath or Ken O'Brien.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:44 am

He made $4.75 million in 2014. I hope someone he trusts passes along the excellent advice that he needs to quit and start building a career.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Treadway21 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Norm is on now speculating the McCown might be a target for the cowboys as romo's back up.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Grant Carter wrote:He made $4.75 million in 2014. I hope someone he trusts passes along the excellent advice that he needs to quit and start building a career.

Can't tell if you're being serious.. Go make 60g a year or ride the 4.5 million pony till it quits? Is that a serious question?! And he's been in the league 12 years making millions hand over fist. I'm sure by this point he has paid financial advisors and been pointed in the right direction so he'll never have to work another day in his life after he reitres from football. Hell if he had just saved adequately and not invested any of his money he'd still have plenty to sustain him over his life time if he didn't love TOO luxuriously.

Go get a job? What a joke. He could retire.and start a coaching career right away if he wanted/needed a job anyway

If he made 100g a year working a job after he retired it'd take him 45 years just to make what he did last year. Nah, I think he's okay.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Only at an SMU board is a million dollar income not a serious career
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:15 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:He made $4.75 million in 2014. I hope someone he trusts passes along the excellent advice that he needs to quit and start building a career.

Can't tell if you're being serious.. Go make 60g a year or ride the 4.5 million pony till it quits? Is that a serious question?! And he's been in the league 12 years making millions hand over fist. I'm sure by this point he has paid financial advisors and been pointed in the right direction so he'll never have to work another day in his life after he reitres from football. Hell if he had just saved adequately and not invested any of his money he'd still have plenty to sustain him over his life time if he didn't love TOO luxuriously.

Go get a job? What a joke. He could retire.and start a coaching career right away if he wanted/needed a job anyway

If he made 100g a year working a job after he retired it'd take him 45 years just to make what he did last year. Nah, I think he's okay.

I was responding to AustinPerson who indicated maybe he should be starting a career. I am sorry if this offends you but the fact you did not pick up the sarcasm in my post has caused me to question your intelligence.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:36 pm

a silent prayer that josh is not the new backup qb for the cowboys.
i pray that he is the backup for the texans although they would probably make him their starter.
Nacho

Postby AustinPerson » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:56 pm

I did not know that McCown made that much money. I don't keep up with NFL contracts since I am not in the Leigh Steinberg business.
AustinPerson
All-American

Next

Return to Football