PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

the unbelievable josh mCcown

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: the unbelievable josh mCcown

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:20 pm

leigh steinberg is not in the lee steinberg business either.
Nacho
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyte » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:30 pm

couch 'em wrote:Only at an SMU board is a million dollar income not a serious career

Man, that's almost Zen. :shock:
ponyte

Postby Digetydog » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Nacho wrote:http://nypost.com/2015/02/12/released-veteran-qb-josh-mccown-could-be-on-jets-radar/

now the jets want him?
why? why why why why????
never has a luckier person played in the nfl.
it's not like he ever achieved anything.
what did he ever accomplish?
what a travesty.
the jets are the jets and always will be.

I am a NY Jets Season Ticket Holder. The answer is simple: Geno Smith, Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez, and Mike "Old and Bad" Vick. (I was at the Buttfumble game. It was a special moment) Because they are the Jets, they won just enough games to ensure that they probably cannot draft one of the two 1st round prospects.

In dating terms: when your only other girl in town is Hillary Clinton, Rosie O'Donnell might actually be an upgrade.

Think about it this way: who (that will be available) is a better option?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 pm

if the answer is josh mccown, what is the question?
Nacho

Postby ponyte » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Nacho wrote:if the answer is josh mccown, what is the question?

I'll take 'Survived behind an SMU offensive line' for $500, Alex.
ponyte

Postby Nacho » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:21 pm

not in the form of a question.
disqualified.
Nacho

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
vielsiehorsepower wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:He made $4.75 million in 2014. I hope someone he trusts passes along the excellent advice that he needs to quit and start building a career.

Can't tell if you're being serious.. Go make 60g a year or ride the 4.5 million pony till it quits? Is that a serious question?! And he's been in the league 12 years making millions hand over fist. I'm sure by this point he has paid financial advisors and been pointed in the right direction so he'll never have to work another day in his life after he reitres from football. Hell if he had just saved adequately and not invested any of his money he'd still have plenty to sustain him over his life time if he didn't love TOO luxuriously.

Go get a job? What a joke. He could retire.and start a coaching career right away if he wanted/needed a job anyway

If he made 100g a year working a job after he retired it'd take him 45 years just to make what he did last year. Nah, I think he's okay.

I was responding to AustinPerson who indicated maybe he should be starting a career. I am sorry if this offends you but the fact you did not pick up the sarcasm in my post has caused me to question your intelligence.

ah, picking up on sarcasm in a post over the internet: The ultimate test of intelligence.

Or maybe I did acknowledge the possibility that you may be being sarcastic as the very first words I typed were "Can't tell if you're being serious" which acknowledged and invited that I may have been mistaken in my reading into the context of your words. I then responded as I would have under the assumption of you being serious, as there would be nothing to discuss if you weren't.

The fact that you cannot read a decipher meaning of simple sentences (even out of context understanding) causes me to question your intelligence. But hell, with the Johnny Utah's and HireSabins of the world there is no need for us to troll each other...plenty out there for everyone!
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby ojaipony » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Hell, I don't get out of bed for anything less than $5MM.

(I'm typing this from my bed).
ojaipony

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:16 pm

ojaipony wrote:Hell, I don't get out of bed for anything less than $5MM.

(I'm typing this from my bed).

+1
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:25 pm

you guys are way off base. mccown was one of the best quarterbacks we ran off because he was here when bennett came in and wanted his own recruit who was so good i can't remember his name. mccown had an nfl arm and much better mobility than most pro style pocket passers, which is why he is in the nfl 12 years. he didnt have much to work with at smu.
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:55 am

mccown left before cavan's last year not bennets first year.

bartel is the bennet player you are thinking of. much better arm than mccown. bounced around the nfl for awhile.
Nacho

Postby Water Pony » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:46 pm

As a Bears Fan, there are many in Chicago, who would have kept Josh and sent Jay to Tampa. Trestman and McCown teamed up pretty well at the end of 2013 season in Chicago. :shock: :cry:
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby ponyboy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Don't understand Nacho's hate for Josh. Scratching my head. Great for Josh to have had such a long career. Bad on us for not knowing how properly to use him. He was fairly highly recruited out of high school.
ponyboy

Postby Nacho » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:50 pm

cavan bent over backwards to give mccown every chance in the world to succeed. cavan lost his job because mccown was so terrible. how many times did mccown get intercepted by a defensive end? yet cavan stuck with him. what does mccown do to show his gratitude. he quits and goes to sam houston state teachers college. when he played against his own level he did well. he did have the one good year in chicago. i'll give him that. he is the one smu player who, whether they stayed, quit or transferred i have no respect for. no problem with anyone elese.
Nacho

Postby PonySnob » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Wasn't Chris Sanders a Cavan recruit?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football