PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

PonyFans.com: Meet strength coach Trumain Carroll

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

PonyFans.com: Meet strength coach Trumain Carroll

Postby PonyPride » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 pm

New SMU strength and conditioning director Trumain Carroll visited with PonyFans.com to discuss how he got into the industry, how he ended up at SMU, the first things asked of him by new SMU football head coach Chad Morris and his impressions of the Mustang football players.

To watch this video, please check the link on our home page: http://www.PonyFans.com

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com

Reminder: Due to a change in PonyFans.com's relationship with our ad serving company, please access all PonyFans.com stories and videos via the home page, rather than copying the direct link to the message boards. Doing so allows the ads to benefit the site more, thereby allowing us to continue to operate this site at no charge to our readers.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: PonyFans.com: Meet strength coach Trumain Carroll

Postby JasonB » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 am

That couldn't be more different from the previous regime. We aren't trying to build body builders, and we have position specific approaches and individual approaches.

The last regime was old school and everyone had the exact same programs.
JasonB

Postby PonyPride » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:33 am

Maybe my favorite line was when Carroll — a.k.a. "Coach Tru" to the players — said that if players don't have a good attitude during workouts, "we ask them to leave and come back at a later time ... after talking to our StairMaster for a few minutes."
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby PonyKai » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:28 pm

I would love to hear Trumain's off the record thoughts about the previous s&c regime.
PonyKai

Postby dirtysouthpony » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 pm

I get chills every time I hear these new guys speak. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the team this season.
dirtysouthpony
Varsity

Postby PonyGirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:34 am

No more skating by. Sounds like everyone is going to have to do the requisite work, which is the way it should be.

Welcome, Coach Carroll!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:54 am

Great interview!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Puckhead48E » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 am

It's midnight here and I want to go hit the gym after watching that. He said all the right things, but those little eye and mouth movements, a sly smile here and there, indicate his opinion of how the returning players were prepared by the last regime. I can't imagine how much the change in program will be hurting those guys right now, whenever they are waking up early in the morning or after their second workout, but I can imagine how much that reward will be appreciated in August and beyond.

From every coach interview, and from the little snippets you get elsewhere, you just have to imagine how much the returning guys appreciate this new team of leaders. Even if it takes us longer than expected to really start seeing the results on the score board, I have to believe this team is truly appreciating the results of a staff that cares and has purpose and direction, and that is a good reward in itself as a supporter who only now knows how truly dark the past few years have been.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Lefty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Sounds like the changes are reaching far beyond the football office.
Lefty
All-American

Postby footballdad » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Puckhead48E wrote:It's midnight here and I want to go hit the gym after watching that. He said all the right things, but those little eye and mouth movements, a sly smile here and there, indicate his opinion of how the returning players were prepared by the last regime. I can't imagine how much the change in program will be hurting those guys right now, whenever they are waking up early in the morning or after their second workout, but I can imagine how much that reward will be appreciated in August and beyond.

From every coach interview, and from the little snippets you get elsewhere, you just have to imagine how much the returning guys appreciate this new team of leaders. Even if it takes us longer than expected to really start seeing the results on the score board, I have to believe this team is truly appreciating the results of a staff that cares and has purpose and direction, and that is a good reward in itself as a supporter who only now knows how truly dark the past few years have been.

'a staff that cares with purpose and direction'.......finally! Very refreshing for the players.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Return to Football