PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Morris calls SMU quarterback race wide-open

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Morris calls SMU quarterback race wide-open

Postby RyanSMU98 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 am

Am I the only one who is surprised that Burcham hasn't transferred yet? Even if he is 100% by spring he is at best the third option behind Davis and Hicks. He never struck me as particularly mobile or really even all that accurate (but I try to apply the Run n' Shoot curve there because it made a lot of QB's look REALLY bad). I just don't see him finding a role at QB in this new offense and am not sure where else I would put him.
"I don't think anyone around the country has any idea how good we are going to be." - Coach Justin Stepp

GO MUSTANGS!!!!
RyanSMU98
Heisman

Postby malonish » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:09 am

Chad can put in Burcham for the quick out and RB swing pass plays.

/sarcasm font
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

RyanSMU98 wrote:Am I the only one who is surprised that Burcham hasn't transferred yet? Even if he is 100% by spring he is at best the third option behind Davis and Hicks. He never struck me as particularly mobile or really even all that accurate (but I try to apply the Run n' Shoot curve there because it made a lot of QB's look REALLY bad). I just don't see him finding a role at QB in this new offense and am not sure where else I would put him.

I think that there is a greater than 50% chance that SMU offers Burcham a Medical Scholarship due to his injuries.
1) It would free up a scholarship for the football team.
2) Burcham would get to stay at SMU while he tries to get healthy. Given his repeated injuries (HS and at SMU), it might be time for him to give up CFB.
3) If he really wants to play, he might be able to graduate in the Springand transfer w/o having to sit out a year.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:49 pm

I thought his surgery was going to keep him out pretty much all of next year?

I would be curious to know if he transferred, if he could medically redshirt while sitting out a year so he doesn't lose eligibility?

If I were him, I would watch spring ball and see how the QBs perform before I decide if I am going to transfer. He will end up a better player than any of our other transfer QBs if he can get healthy.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Morris Code 11 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:51 pm

What is he supposed to say? He has been coach for 3 months...
"We're not a hurry-up no-huddle offense, we're a hurry-up no-huddle football team and program. It's gonna start with our secretaries, its gonna resonate with maintenance department, everyone, they're gonna understand what 'tempo' is all about."
Morris Code 11
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football