PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New IPF

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: New IPF

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 pm

smupony94 wrote:
Puckhead48E wrote:
Pony Grey Hair wrote:New SMU Aquatic complex is coming soon- will be finished about same time as IPF. Just waiting on HPISD to commit which should be by end of school year.

So...is that what all of those signs I saw in HP and UP while I was back in town over Christmas were talking about? Seems like some don't want a swimming pool! Guess a natatorium off campus is better than none at all. Definitely should happen and be in the plans, not overlooked.

Those signs were to put it at SMU not in HP

HPISD proposed building a complex across from UP elementary/Curtis Park on Lovers. Neighbors protested. They would be better off helping us fund a mega complex east of 75.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby b_caesar » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 pm

SMUfrat wrote:Where will this be? Soccer fields at Bishop and Mockingbird?

That's my question, too - where? On this land-locked campus of ours ... enclose the current outdoor practice field next to the museum? How about on top of one of the parking centers? Or add a floor to the Meadows Museum? How about buying up a block or so of houses on the south side of Mockingbird from the stadium and build it there?
Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 pm

The thinking has always been that it will be where the current track is and a new soccer stadium will be built in current practice field. But there was Sa note about extending the track recently do the designs may have changed completely.

I say go underground.
smusic 00

Postby ponyboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Then it would be a UPF.
ponyboy

Postby smupony94 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:33 pm

Pettus field maybe
smupony94

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:36 pm

footballdad wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Footballdad, I think Coach Morris has done a tremendous job in the short time he has been here. And has has already beaten Oklahoma State (Xavier Castille), Texas Tech (Ben Hicks) and Kansas (Kevin Thomas) for recruits. Upgraded facilities are part of what he is selling to the recruits. Just glad we have donors that are willing to help. I understand that Coach Morris will be able to get whatever he says he needs to forward the program. Coach Morris is definitely more visible in the community that any coach we have had in a while. Any ideas on attendance that we can do between now and the start of the season are more than welcome. We definitely can work on both at the same time. :D

Love Coach Morris & Crew. Beating Kansas and Iowa State for recruits doesn't count! :lol:

Beating BCS bottom feeders was the formula that Fran used at TCU to get that program turned around and GP just continue the pattern. What about beating Arkansas (Jordam Williams), I would think that would add to the count. 8)
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonyPride » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Terry Webster wrote:Here is UC's Bearcat Bubble, and inflatable ipf.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/H6y-D5 ... rge.0.jpeg

Nooooo! Go with bricks and mortar!
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
footballdad wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Footballdad, I think Coach Morris has done a tremendous job in the short time he has been here. And has has already beaten Oklahoma State (Xavier Castille), Texas Tech (Ben Hicks) and Kansas (Kevin Thomas) for recruits. Upgraded facilities are part of what he is selling to the recruits. Just glad we have donors that are willing to help. I understand that Coach Morris will be able to get whatever he says he needs to forward the program. Coach Morris is definitely more visible in the community that any coach we have had in a while. Any ideas on attendance that we can do between now and the start of the season are more than welcome. We definitely can work on both at the same time. :D

Love Coach Morris & Crew. Beating Kansas and Iowa State for recruits doesn't count! :lol:

Beating BCS bottom feeders was the formula that Fran used at TCU to get that program turned around and GP just continue the pattern. What about beating Arkansas (Jordam Williams), I would think that would add to the count. 8)

Or Hunter Herndon with Oklahoma. Hicks was also offered by the new Michigan and Florida staffs. Or Michael Scoot and his 7 P5, and most importantly, TCU offer. Or the fact that every single one of Morris recruits had multiple other FBS offers. He did a fanstastic job when trying to recruit for the worst team in the country in 2014. 55% of the current roster had no other FBS offers, and most didn't even have FCS offers, much less multiple FBS offers.

helicopterdad only cares about his son, not SMU, or even Morris program. Just ignore him. Hopefully june burned his kids redshirt, for popularly 4 plays (Junes favorite thing to do), and he'll be gone in 3 years. No point in using logic.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Blackout, you're such a hilarious little punk aren't you. I have done nothing but compliment Morris & Crew and I made a JOKE (see laughing face) about Kansas and Iowa State not counting as recruiting wins. Rebel got it, he and I disagree but we can have a civil message board conversation.

Go ahead and debate any football comments you disagree with, but do everyone a favor and keep your whiny little personal [deleted] comments to yourself.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:31 pm

I call a truce between Blackoutpony and footballdad. No use in having 2 good posters mad at each other. We are all pulling for the same school. Now let's get ready for some football.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PSCA » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:56 pm

My first choice would be to convert the soccer field (leave the track), expand the space into the parking lot a little ...... then I say go down. Dig out the current practice field (parking garage style) make the roof flush with current ground level, then turf the roof for outside practice.
PSCA
All-American

Postby BigT3x » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Rebel10 wrote:I call a truce between Blackoutpony and footballdad. No use in having 2 good posters mad at each other. We are all pulling for the same school. Now let's get ready for some football.

Footballdad isn't pulling for SMU, he's pulling for his kid.
BigT3x
All-American

Postby PSCA » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:22 pm

I think he is pulling for both
PSCA
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:37 pm

footballdad wrote:Blackout, you're such a hilarious little punk aren't you. I have done nothing but compliment Morris & Crew and I made a JOKE (see laughing face) about Kansas and Iowa State not counting as recruiting wins. Rebel got it, he and I disagree but we can have a civil message board conversation.

Go ahead and debate any football comments you disagree with, but do everyone a favor and keep your whiny little personal [deleted] comments to yourself.

I figured you were laughing at the thought of us beating out Iowa State and KU like it didn't matter. You're sort of none for being a hard [deleted] cynic around here, so no need to be all holier than thou about it. :roll:
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm

well. [deleted]. this is getting tense.

Anyway we do need new weights all around campus. The athletes and the regular students, I was just at the gym and it seemed half the equipment had a note on it saying needs repair. And the line for the free weights was a mile long (although not on the squat racks)
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football