PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hilarious Jason Garrett Quote about Cole Beasley

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hilarious Jason Garrett Quote about Cole Beasley

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:44 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Why did June "give up"?

June gave up b/c he and his staff of geriatrics didn't have the stomach for the fight to recruit the kind of athletes we needed to get over the 6-6 mediocrity hump. Once he saw just how overmatched he was without the heroic play of Gilbert to bail out his antiquated system, he packed it in and quit. The man was a fraud and honestly shouldn't be allowed back on campus ever again.

June gave up after battling with the administration and losing on changes necessary to win big here. He then tried to leave, similar to his Hawaii exit, but he was double crossed and it didn't work out. After which a Mexican standoff ensued with SMU. He did stop trying to get talent in here because he couldn't in good conscience recommend a kid or football staff come here. He never gave up on those who remained, player or coach and gave them 110%, including for instance helping Cole get a serious Cowboys look or helping GG get the same with the Pats. That's why his players are loyal to him.

Chad wouldn't come here until further changes were made and a true commitment to do this right was finally secured.

You gotta see the whole story and not just pile all this on June. Four bowl games in six years ain't anything to sniff at. He saved us from in effect the Sunbelt. And he made LB possible.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:46 pm

ponyboy wrote:Why did June "give up"?

Did you see the teams he fielded? He made the bed and didn't want to sleep in it. Give up your morbid June apologies. The June ship has sailed and you can't have him back so accept our new staff and modern offense already. Also, typing this post I see you adding one. What a load of Bologna.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:49 pm

ponyboy wrote:
June gave up after battling with the administration and losing on changes necessary to win big here. He then tried to leave, similar to his Hawaii exit, but he was double crossed [citation needed]and it didn't work out. After which a Mexican standoff ensued with SMU. He did stop trying to get talent in here because he couldn't in good conscience recommend a kid or football staff come here or pick up the phone. He never gave up on those who remained (except when he did give up on them), player or coach and gave them 110%(literally impossible), including for instance helping Cole get a serious Cowboys look or helping GG get the same with the Pats(All Leigh S. though, nice try). That's why his players are loyal to him.

And he made LB possible. [citation needed, this one is an old debunked meme dude]

I made some comments on your thesis.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Will only address your last point because I'm on an iPhone. Would we have gotten into the Big East without the four bowl games we were in just before the point the Big East decided to bring in new members? Why did they choose us over others? LB came here because of the prospect of playing in the Big East.
ponyboy

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Oh, and I don't want June back. Chad Morris is clearly the man for the job and in retrospect I would have fired June after he tried to leave for Arizona State.
ponyboy

Hilarious Jason Garrett Quote about Cole Beasley

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Otto wrote:Where does the "blind loyalty to June Jones" talk come from?

He played for Jones, so there had to be some loyalty, but I can't recall him ever saying anything about unwavering love/support for

When he said June made me good not SMU/SMU had nothing to do with me playing for the Cowboys that was June/SMU doesn't care about football/SMU fans don't care/I'll never step foot on campus again
smusic 00

Postby sbsmith » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:29 pm

ponyboy wrote:He did stop trying to get talent in here because he couldn't in good conscience recommend a kid or football staff come here.

You gotta see the whole story and not just pile all this on June. Four bowl games in six years ain't anything to sniff at. He saved us from in effect the Sunbelt. And he made LB possible.

And yet he still recommended that plenty of kids and football staff come here despite the fact that he gave up. Is that what a man of conscience does? Four bowls in six years is plenty to sniff at considering he left us in a 1-11 hole (oddly enough that's where he found us). BTW June didn't save us from the Sun Belt nor did he make LB possible, there were a lot of moving parts regarding those events and he was only tangentially involved.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 pm

and one more thread turns into June bashing. I thought this was going to be about Cole Beasley
Charleston Pony

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:26 pm

ponyboy wrote:Will only address your last point because I'm on an iPhone. Would we have gotten into the Big East without the four bowl games we were in just before the point the Big East decided to bring in new members? Why did they choose us over others? LB came here because of the prospect of playing in the Big East.

Please address my point where you said he never gave up ... then he straight up gave up on his kids and former friends.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:and one more thread turns into June bashing. I thought this was going to be about Cole Beasley

So... do I need to bash Cole? :lol: I don't want to. He has probably gotten over the June stuff and Chad will get him back. I have confidence in that.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:41 pm

ponyboy wrote:Will only address your last point because I'm on an iPhone. Would we have gotten into the Big East without the four bowl games we were in just before the point the Big East decided to bring in new members? Why did they choose us over others? LB came here because of the prospect of playing in the Big East.

Even though he won't admit it now (though there is certainly documentation of him admitting so) Mountains were moved for JJ when he came here. I'm not trying to downplay what he did in Dallas, but with the CUSA schedule he had and the easing up of the administration any competent D1 coach could have achieved at least what June did. Sorry, but whether or not you think he was "justified" he only did half of his job and cashed huge paychecks. If he had just hired 3-4 guys to ONLY recruit and told them to hit Dallas hard then he'd still be coaching here. He may have had some bumps with the admin but the only weight keeping June Jones down was himself...Don't even get me started on his offense...
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby couch 'em » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Two issues. 1. Whether the administration really prevented him from being successful. True or not this is irrelevant to the next question:
2. Even if they did, or June believed they did, it was unethical to not quit after ASU if he didn't want to try. That's not acting in good faith. It is unethical. I could lose my engineering license if I did what he did.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 pm

couch 'em wrote:Two issues. 1. Whether the administration really prevented him from being successful. True or not this is irrelevant to the next question:
2. Even if they did, or June believed they did, it was unethical to not quit after ASU if he didn't want to try. That's not acting in good faith. It is unethical. I could lose my engineering license if I did what he did.

+1
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby PSCA » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Unless you had a bad relationship with your coach, every player has loyalty to them. You spend a ton of time with them, it is only natural. CB has loyalty to June ... so what. He has no reason not to ... and yes JJ did play role in his opportunity with the boys. CB has since earned it. IMO, I think what you are seeing in CB past tweets is also him striking back to some on this site who ripped him often ... sort he who laughs last. I made this comment before, but his mother HATED this site and a few of you because of it. CB does feel that in his time here the school could have been more supportive. Who are we to say he is wrong. We do not know his circumstances or experiences. CB does not hate SMU, and he will be here in the future to support it. Now, he may not cut some of you any slack.

I will be honest, there was a time when I wanted to seek out a couple of you guys and punch your lights out. I got real close one time (the individual did not know it) ... thank God my brain kicked in ... that and I promised my wife I would not make a scene. So, I stepped back and said ... it's fan site ... it's what they do ... either stay off it ... or suck it up and move on. The world is full of haters and experts. When I got that through my thick skull ... I was good and I enjoyed the site.

Yes it is a fan site, better to stay off it if you are a player and/or family to one. Or, put on that extra layer of skin ... unless this site crowns you as a chosen one, as it does for some. In which case, we generally over look your short comings and sometimes give too much praise and credit. Of course, when we choose the goat ... wholly crap we are brutal, justified or not, you are getting it. But, some can step over the line, and it is hard not to take it personal

So, I am proud of CB and happy for him. When the announcers say SMU ... I say heck yes "Pony-Up"
PSCA
All-American

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:32 pm

PSCA wrote:Unless you had a bad relationship with your coach, every player has loyalty to them. You spend a ton of time with them, it is only natural. CB has loyalty to June ... so what. He has no reason not to ... and yes JJ did play role in his opportunity with the boys. CB has since earned it. IMO, I think what you are seeing in CB past tweets is also him striking back to some on this site who ripped him often ... sort he who laughs last. I made this comment before, but his mother HATED this site and a few of you because of it. CB does feel that in his time here the school could have been more supportive. Who are we to say he is wrong. We do not know his circumstances or experiences. CB does not hate SMU, and he will be here in the future to support it. Now, he may not cut some of you any slack.

I will be honest, there was a time when I wanted to seek out a couple of you guys and punch your lights out. I got real close one time (the individual did not know it) ... thank God my brain kicked in ... that and I promised my wife I would not make a scene. So, I stepped back and said ... it's fan site ... it's what they do ... either stay off it ... or suck it up and move on. The world is full of haters and experts. When I got that through my thick skull ... I was good and I enjoyed the site.

Yes it is a fan site, better to stay off it if you are a player and/or family to one. Or, put on that extra layer of skin ... unless this site crowns you as a chosen one, as it does for some. In which case, we generally over look your short comings and sometimes give too much praise and credit. Of course, when we choose the goat ... wholly crap we are brutal, justified or not, you are getting it. But, some can step over the line, and it is hard not to take it personal

So, I am proud of CB and happy for him. When the announcers say SMU ... I say heck yes "Pony-Up"

I'll hold mitts for you if you need to hit something and have it not be any future Soylent Green.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football