PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hilarious Jason Garrett Quote about Cole Beasley

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hilarious Jason Garrett Quote about Cole Beasley

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:27 am

flockofseagulls wrote:Trailer park jokes and jabs about his appearance and people wonder why he isn't in a huge hurry to re-affiliate with SMU?

"Let's blame the recent football alumni's disinterest in identifying with SMU on June Jones 'brainwashing' them, meanwhile we'll belittle their backgrounds and appearances."

What a bunch of a$$holes.

Cb was held in very high regard on pf until he started talking crap about the university.

[deleted]
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:50 am

flockofseagulls wrote:Trailer park jokes and jabs about his appearance and people wonder why he isn't in a huge hurry to re-affiliate with SMU?

"Let's blame the recent football alumni's disinterest in identifying with SMU on June Jones 'brainwashing' them, meanwhile we'll belittle their backgrounds and appearances."

What a bunch of a$$holes.

Before you chastise, ask yourself who fired the first shots on twitter.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 am

Eat a ***k
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sbsmith » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:59 am

flockofseagulls wrote:"Let's blame the recent football alumni's disinterest in identifying with SMU on June Jones 'brainwashing' them, meanwhile we'll belittle their backgrounds and appearances."

'Let's blame the recent football alumni's disinterest in identifying with SMU on Ponyfans because a few harmless jokes are apparently indicative of the entire fanbase."
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby flockofseagulls » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:40 pm

well that certainly got things going.

"ask yourself who fired the first shots on twitter"
"Cb was held in very high regard on pf until he started talking crap about the university."
- cole most certainly "fired the first shots" and/or "talked crap about the school." but go back a re-read his old tweets. while they clearly aren't supportive, they aren't that inflammatory either:

"Nobody wants to play for a school who doesn’t see football as anything important."
"if football was important they’d do anything they could to make it better. I was there for 4 yrs. They don’t."
"ur ignorant if u think SMU has no role in its football woes."
I know there were others but that's the basic gist...

First off, has everyone on this website suddenly coalesced into agreeing that smu has always sufficiently prioritized football? when did we decide that was the case? i remember lots of people on here saying essentially the same things cole said on twitter, back in the dark ages.

His tweets and ongoing support level are very unfortunate, but if you take them as a person affront, that in turn necessitate you taking a personal shot at cole, you need to chill out.

'Let's blame the recent football alumni's disinterest in identifying with SMU on Ponyfans because a few harmless jokes are apparently indicative of the entire fanbase."
Ok, yeah, the haircut joke is totally harmless. I overreacted on that one, no doubt.
But the double-wide comment, I dont think there's any defending that. That's a jab at his family's socio-economic status, and is completely undeserved and uncalled for, all things considered. And yeah, that one got me heated because it makes us all sound like uppity [deleted]. And somewhere on this board, sometime recently, someone much smarter than me said that this "snotty rich kid" mindset facilities a massive divide between our general populous and the kids we are trying to bring in to right the ship, athletically speaking.
@seagulls00
flockofseagulls
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Everyone liked Beasley a ton - until he let his loyalty to June get in front of his connection to SMU. And the problem for him on that is he was just wrong. He didn't see how much June gave up. Probably also didn't realize June's introversion ended up just making him look like a tool. Beasley's rant was immature on his part and I would guess he would do things differently if he had it to do over. Hope time heals that on both sides, and I am guessing Chad is reaching out to him. If he doesn't want to re-connect it will be his loss.

Agree on the double wide thing. We need to realize the outsiders see us as brats until we prove it otherwise. TCU overcame the same image - but mainly due to just winning and the fact that Ft worth is a one horse town so they have more local love working. We will need to work a little harder.
gostangs

Postby flockofseagulls » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm

gostangs wrote:Everyone liked Beasley a ton - until he let his loyalty to June get in front of his connection to SMU. And the problem for him on that is he was just wrong. He didn't see how much June gave up. Probably also didn't realize June's introversion ended up just making him look like a tool. Beasley's rant was immature on his part and I would guess he would do things differently if he had it to do over. Hope time heals that on both sides, and I am guessing Chad is reaching out to him. If he doesn't want to re-connect it will be his loss.

Agree on the double wide thing. We need to realize the outsiders see us as brats until we prove it otherwise. TCU overcame the same image - but mainly due to just winning and the fact that Ft worth is a one horse town so they have more local love working. We will need to work a little harder.

agreed on all counts.
@seagulls00
flockofseagulls
Junior Varsity

Postby malonish » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 pm

flockofseagulls wrote:
gostangs wrote:Everyone liked Beasley a ton - until he let his loyalty to June get in front of his connection to SMU. And the problem for him on that is he was just wrong. He didn't see how much June gave up. Probably also didn't realize June's introversion ended up just making him look like a tool. Beasley's rant was immature on his part and I would guess he would do things differently if he had it to do over. Hope time heals that on both sides, and I am guessing Chad is reaching out to him. If he doesn't want to re-connect it will be his loss.

agreed on all counts.

That's what I meant on mine. He went on a rant that was not founded in complete facts due to blind loyalty to the quitter June.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:12 pm

gostangs wrote:He didn't see how much June gave up.

WHY did June give up? Just 'cause he's evil and lazy?

Or maybe we should answer this question first: Why did Morris say that things had to change before he'd come here?
ponyboy

Postby Otto » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Where does the "blind loyalty to June Jones" talk come from?

He played for Jones, so there had to be some loyalty, but I can't recall him ever saying anything about unwavering love/support for Jones.

Whatever. Beasley is a Mustang and doing well in the NFL. Can't stand his team, but I'll always root for him to do well.
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby couch 'em » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 pm

ponyboy wrote:
gostangs wrote:He didn't see how much June gave up.

WHY did June give up? Just 'cause he's evil and lazy?

Or maybe we should answer this question first: Why did Morris say that things had to change before he'd come here?

One part truth one part typical new coach stuff. But that is irrelevant. The June Jones legacy at SMU looks totally different if June would have resigned back when he gave up. He would catch heat for the sudden departure but overall still positively regarded. Instead he stayed on for years more, performing at such a low level that it is worth considering if it was some kind of revenge/sabotage act. All for an outrageous salary.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Why did June "give up"?
ponyboy

Postby footballdad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Cole & June totally irrelevant to the NEW SMU football program. 2 peas in a pod.

Next
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 pm

ponyboy wrote:Why did June "give up"?

June gave up b/c he and his staff of geriatrics didn't have the stomach for the fight to recruit the kind of athletes we needed to get over the 6-6 mediocrity hump. Once he saw just how overmatched he was without the heroic play of Gilbert to bail out his antiquated system, he packed it in and quit. The man was a fraud and honestly shouldn't be allowed back on campus ever again.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Junior » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 pm

footballdad wrote:Cole & June totally irrelevant to the NEW SMU football program. 2 peas in a pod.

Next

June? Yes.

Cole? No.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Football