PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great interview on Chad Morris from the Football scoop

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Great interview on Chad Morris from the Football scoop

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:17 am

Puckhead48E wrote:Have to start getting really creative with land-usage...if they do replace Wescott I hope they sink the IPF significantly and find a way to make a new legal track as well as a soccer/lacrosse field with quality stands.

lax get's their own field over by the bush library and soccer moves to pettus. I believe there will be an indoor track in the IPF, or as Hart has called it the IPC (indoor performance center), but that's the one thing I'm not sure about. We'll know in the coming months hopefully. It's going to be an absolutely wonderful facility from what others have said, who are in the know, on the pay boards.

This hasn't been updated for the IPF yet, but you can see where the lax field is going to the east of the new dorms (it's even marked with the proper lines). And if one more [deleted] person asks if the soccer field will fit at pettus, YES IT WILL FIT HART AND MORRIS SAID IT"S GOING THERE,

BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:30 pm

I'll be honest, I don't know why they don't pull a Warren and cover 75. Go from Mockingbird to twin sixties road (cafe brazil parking lot) Same distance as KWP. Not to put a IPF on it, but I feel like that would generate some name for the school. It they can get 20 million from TxDot for KWP I'm sure they could get other money for it, especially since the park is doing so well.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:35 pm

NewAgeMustange wrote:I'll be honest, I don't know why they don't pull a Warren and cover 75. Go from Mockingbird to twin sixties road (cafe brazil parking lot) Same distance as KWP. Not to put a IPF on it, but I feel like that would generate some name for the school. It they can get 20 million from TxDot for KWP I'm sure they could get other money for it, especially since the park is doing so well.

If I ever end up with millions of dollars I don't know what to do with, I'll definitely contribute.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Here is more details on lacrosse for those interested:

The Southeast Development project consists of a field house, six tennis courts, a synthetic turf field and additional parking for Park Cities Plaza. The Collegiate Georgian style 6945 gross square foot field house includes locker rooms, a concessions area and covered bleachers. The synthetic turf field provides practice and play space for soccer, rugby, and men’s and women’s lacrosse. The finished project will include an identity wall connecting to the existing sound wall on the Central Expressway/US75 access road and extending south to Park Cities Plaza. The project is scheduled to begin spring 2015 with projected completion anticipated fall 2015.

HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Oh wow, I didn't realize they were building more tennis courts. Obviously for rec/ student use. Interesting.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyKai » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:07 pm

So they're going to build an entire brick wall behind the sound wall to make it look nice? Awesome lol
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Football Blog » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:23 pm

Well, the new field is lined for women's lacrosse, so that is a problem. Not really a problem, but it makes me wonder if women's lacrosse is in the offering soon as a varsity sport. I don't believe there is a women's club team at SMU.

Second, and if we are building an indoor practice facility at Pettus, I am going to make one suggestion:

We should dig down level with the field at Ford, put the home team locker room in the practice facility and add a second tunnel into Ford.
SMU Football Blog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:50 pm

that is an awesome suggestion Blog - the single tunnel idea was really not smart from a planning standpoint - then our new tunnel can come out in the corner near our students and band.
gostangs

Postby gostangs » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:52 pm

does Kelsey warren have any other kids? Can we get Klyde pre-admitted at this point?
gostangs

Postby CalallenStang » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 pm

gostangs wrote:that is an awesome suggestion Blog - the single tunnel idea was really not smart from a planning standpoint - then our new tunnel can come out in the corner near our students and band.

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought that there were supposed to be 2 tunnels in the original Ford Stadium design but we lost one to cost cuts...
CalallenStang

Postby couch 'em » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Correct
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:40 am

SMU Football Blog wrote:Well, the new field is lined for women's lacrosse, so that is a problem. Not really a problem, but it makes me wonder if women's lacrosse is in the offering soon as a varsity sport. I don't believe there is a women's club team at SMU.

Second, and if we are building an indoor practice facility at Pettus, I am going to make one suggestion:
d.[/b]

There is woman's club lacrosse at SMU and they are actually very good. They won or were in the finals for some sort of championship a year or two ago. It may have even been the D2 championship. It's been around since at least when I was a freshmen in 08 (had a few friends play). Lacrosse will be the next D1 sport at SMU. It's been in the works for a few years.

And for the 9,348th time the IPF is GOING AT WESCOTT NOT PETTUS.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:48 am

CalallenStang wrote:
gostangs wrote:that is an awesome suggestion Blog - the single tunnel idea was really not smart from a planning standpoint - then our new tunnel can come out in the corner near our students and band.

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought that there were supposed to be 2 tunnels in the original Ford Stadium design but we lost one to cost cuts...

I wonder if they ever fill in the horseshoe, if they can have the visitng team run out of the sorta tunnel in the south endzone.

blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football