PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

DC article

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: DC article

Postby The Voice of the Fat Kids » Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:01 pm

I could not agree more with the fact that the DC is a pathetic excuse for a school newspaper. I know when I played, there were few things that pissed me off more than the "coverage" that the DC gave to the football program. The pure apathy as well as little knowledge of football that the "journalist" provided in their unprofessional opinion made me not want to ever be associated with such a crappy newspaper. Could they at least get someone who knows anything about football? More importantly, could they get someone who actually is enthusiastic about SMU football? And I am not alone in my assessment of the DC (as I'm sure stanglover and others would support me) Anyone who honestly believes that the coverage of the football team the DC provides is good, shows how little they know about the program. I know that this post may leave some with the impression that i am somewhat bitter about the DC experience. I just think that a school as great as SMU deserves better. The football players and student body at SMU deserve better.
PS: Fat kids rock!
The Voice of the Fat Kids

Postby Emissary » Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:28 pm

PonyStudent,

Who are you? You make way too much sense and you appear to have an exceptionally keen view of many facets of SMU. I don't know if I agree that there are many students that are out there that share your opinions because I wish there were more students like you that actually took the time to figure things out. I must have known you in school or at least heard of you. I myself tried to keep a low profile so you probably don't know me. It just pleases the hell out of me to see someone speak the truth about those heavily biased, ultra liberal, bitter people over at the Daily Carcass!!

Okay, back too work since I have a job and am no longer in school.
Emissary

Postby ponystudent » Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:16 pm

I am sorry emissary, but my identity must not be revealed on this board. For I have many sources and connections that might be lost.

I do appreciate the kind words. I am a student, I have not been here very long, I did not have much of an interest in SMU before I came, but I have learned and seen much while I am here.

My roots journey back into my mentor, a man known or not known on this board, named Oracle on the Hilltop. He has only posted here once, towards the inception of PonyFans.com.

I believe we do have something in common. I notice that you enjoy people watching. That is perhaps one of my favorite past times and I pick up traits and characteristics of people that most do not. I am sorry that I do not share the moonlit walks hobby; this is because I cannot walk but I can run much faster (brain teaser courtesy of Paul Simon).

When did you graduate Emissary? Maybe I do know you, or maybe I don't.

------------------
Go Ponies!

[This message has been edited by ponystudent (edited 07-02-2001).]
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby Emissary » Tue Jul 03, 2001 3:21 pm

Sounds good. You have a mentor? Oracle? What a very good nickname for someone. I've only been gone from the Hilltop for a little over a year, so it's good to see someone educating fine young men such as yourself. (I assume you are a guy, since you mentioned in your hobby section: beer, girls, etc.) I too took the time to try and lend a hand in several individual's lives at the Hilltop during my time there, once I was in a position to do so, of course. I still think that it's one of the greatest privleges in life to open doors for others and help mentor others. I'll admit not every young star developed quite as planned and more than a few got surly when they reached a certain level. But, I digress and it is a slow day in the commercial real estate industry. Okay, have trust in my "almost famous" people skills...A few questions: 1) you mentioned an R. Healy in one of your posts. Are you in the same...philanthropic organization as him. I'm guessing not. 2) I assume 2nd to third year on the Hilltop? 3) Is the person oracle still on the Hilltop and is a student? I know at least one of the guys who runs this board and I think very highly of the gentleman. Do you know this person? Okay, that's all.
Emissary

Previous

Return to Football