PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Prospect Day/Scrimmage Today

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Prospect Day/Scrimmage Today

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:04 pm

The teams needs 3 or 4 offensive lineman due to the low level of talent that the previous staff recruited. O line is clearly the least talented position on the team. Really hope Hyder comes back from his injury at 100%. If the freshman offense linemen coming in have any college level readiness I think they will see some playing time.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Rebel10 wrote:The teams needs 3 or 4 offensive lineman due to the low level of talent that the previous staff recruited. O line is clearly the least talented position on the team. Really hope Hyder comes back from his injury at 100%. If the freshman offense linemen coming in have any college level readiness I think they will see some playing time.

Keaton Bates, Marcus McNeil & Bryce Wilds....all 2 stars with 1 P5 offer between them (Wilds from Northwestern)

Don't think we're looking at any college ready talent here. Redshirt all of them.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyswim » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:49 pm

It will be interesting to see how many OL they take. At one point they may have been thinking 3-4. I think if they can get talented guys that number may go way up. We lose Lasecki and Bo from graduation, and very possibly 1-2 from "attrition." So you may be right, but I am more thinking 6,7,8.
Just for fun out of 25 recruits in 2016: 3 WR, 2 QB, 2 RB, 4 DL, 3 LB, 5 DB, 7OL.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:00 am

footballdad wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:The teams needs 3 or 4 offensive lineman due to the low level of talent that the previous staff recruited. O line is clearly the least talented position on the team. Really hope Hyder comes back from his injury at 100%. If the freshman offense linemen coming in have any college level readiness I think they will see some playing time.

Keaton Bates, Marcus McNeil & Bryce Wilds....all 2 stars with 1 P5 offer between them (Wilds from Northwestern)

Don't think we're looking at any college ready talent here. Redshirt all of them.

True but I was looking at the fact that at least Bates and Wilds had multiple FBS offers.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 pm

I've heard some on the staff are extremely high on Wilds and think he may be a day 1 starter.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 am

CargoGunki wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:So you're telling me JMU, UNT, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Navy, Houston and Temple are not winnable games? Those teams are borderline horrible in a worse AAC this year in which the "good" teams are luckily in the East division.

Wow, you're dumb. Houston and ECU have been contenders year in and year out. SMU even in June Jones' best years got hammered by both on a regular basis and this year won't be in different.

i'm pretty sure i recall being at a game a few years ago where SMU hung 70 something points on Houston. Regardless, go away.
Hoop Fan

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 am

CargoGunki wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:So you're telling me JMU, UNT, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Navy, Houston and Temple are not winnable games? Those teams are borderline horrible in a worse AAC this year in which the "good" teams are luckily in the East division.

Wow, you're dumb. Houston and ECU have been contenders year in and year out. SMU even in June Jones' best years got hammered by both on a regular basis and this year won't be in different.

Go away.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football