PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Spring Game Parking -Mini Tailgate

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Spring Game Parking -Mini Tailgate

Postby coloradoStang » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:50 pm

GiddyUp wrote:
coloradoStang wrote:Im trying to get a group from my fraternity to go to the spring game. They all want to know if we are selling beer during this?

if it's anything like the last practice, bring all the booze you want. airplane bottles are easy

Thanks for the info.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby coloradoStang » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

coach morris and and coach craddock just stopped by the fraternity houses. Shook peoples hands and invited them to the spring game.
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:50 am

Colorado--

Just wanted your opinion concerning moving the fraternity tents to the area around Doak's statue and the plaza outside the end zone.

When they moved the fraternities off the BLVD. to Dallas Hall my wife cornered Gerald and asked him why? He said they don't really care where they go. She responded, well their parents do! I enjoyed seeing my sons and their friends before the game ... I pulled her away.
Later we went to the Armed Forces Bowl held at Ford, and they had displays, concessions, and a band all in that area and it made a very nice pre-game and halftime atmosphere.

It gave me the idea that by moving the fraternities and bands to that area, more students would actually go to the games. Allow them to return to them at half time and then back to the game --they actually might get loud in the second half.

Does this make any sense?
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby coloradoStang » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:22 am

Mexmustang wrote:Colorado--

Just wanted your opinion concerning moving the fraternity tents to the area around Doak's statue and the plaza outside the end zone.

When they moved the fraternities off the BLVD. to Dallas Hall my wife cornered Gerald and asked him why? He said they don't really care where they go. She responded, well their parents do! I enjoyed seeing my sons and their friends before the game ... I pulled her away.
Later we went to the Armed Forces Bowl held at Ford, and they had displays, concessions, and a band all in that area and it made a very nice pre-game and halftime atmosphere.

It gave me the idea that by moving the fraternities and bands to that area, more students would actually go to the games. Allow them to return to them at half time and then back to the game --they actually might get loud in the second half.

Does this make any sense?

I think its ok. I agree it would make kids go to the stadium more. The long walk is what loses people when they are drunk it is a lot shorter to go to the fraternity houses. I don't like the idea of having it on the concrete though that just seems really hot and miserable. (maybe we are just spoiled now because tailgates are suppose to be in parking lots)I also don't know if there is enough space there. No way SMU would let us go back at half to party and then come back in.
coloradoStang
All-American

Previous

Return to Football