PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Impressive Crowd at Spring Game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Impressive Crowd at Spring Game

Postby ponyboy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:54 am

Never mind my old guy taste in music, I still hate that sound system. Clearly it was turned up as loud as it could go and it's really, really tinny and bad. Sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 am

You don't fly drones around or over people FAA regulations - insurance and liability facts.

Just saying be warned..
One Trick Pony

Postby PonyKai » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:30 am

ponyboy wrote:Never mind my old guy taste in music, I still hate that sound system. Clearly it was turned up as loud as it could go and it's really, really tinny and bad. Sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Maybe a new sound system is in the cards. No better way to demonstrate its need than to use the current system to make peoples' ears bleed.
PonyKai

Postby ponyboy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 am

I'd just go with a Bose Wave radio at this point. It's really bad.
ponyboy

Postby ojaipony » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:37 am

Stallion wrote:
fifty wrote:Annoying... What did they do? Won the conference regular season and the conf tournament.

Arguably the most legitimate sports achievement in the past ~5 years here.

more like 20+ years

Stallion beat me to it. Best bball season since 93. Beat UCLA and best since the mid-80s. Get to the sweet 16 and then you're going even further back.
ojaipony

Postby SMUer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:44 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
SMUer wrote:Did he not know when his daughter's prom was? Doesn't he have complete control over the date of this game? Family first and all, but I'm going to stop short of applauding the move; seems like he screwed up. This is like a head chef leaving the opening night his own restaurant early because he planned it on his wedding anniversary.

You're a [deleted] clown. Go home battered wife. You're drunk as [deleted]

Says a guy with an avatar of a pony with a pompadour, chugging a beer. The only thing that would make your avatar more ironic saying that would be if that pony was also wearing a clown suit.

IDK I'd want to be there when 5,000 of my most loyal supporters were checking out my on-field product for the very first time, and I'd plan so accourdingly. But maybe I'm an old soul. And yes, his coordinators got a great opportunity play calling something that somewhat vaguely resembled a game.
SMUer

Postby Pony Boss » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:25 am

North Texas State looked awful in their spring game: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/ ... tats.html/
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby MV pony » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:44 pm

I wonder if our attendance was helped by the fact that the Spring Game was not televised or broadcast on other media.
MV pony
All-American

Postby coloradoStang » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:49 pm

MV pony wrote:I wonder if our attendance was helped by the fact that the Spring Game was not televised or broadcast on other media.

If I had to guess I'd say no. If you care enough to watch a stream of a spring game you probably care enough to go to the game. Streaming the game would help the out of towners and the few people in town that end up having some last minute conflict they can't get out ot
coloradoStang
All-American

Previous

Return to Football