PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Weight room getting makeover

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Weight room getting makeover

Postby skyscraper » Tue May 05, 2015 12:53 pm

1. It's not my $$ so spend it however you want.
2. It can be moved to the IPF whenever it gets built
3. Stop looking for things to be miserable about
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Digetydog » Tue May 05, 2015 1:08 pm

[quote="blackoutpony"}
It gives them something tangible to show progress to help with recruiting for a 1-11 team (along with the coaches office) until the IPF gets built. [/quote] Like putting Lipstick on a Pig??

When the Genius first arrived on campus, too many alums (including me) failed to question anything.
- Would the money have been better spent to expedite the construction of the IPF?
- Would the money have been better spent to help the football team by funding the rebirth of our Men's track program?

I support Morris and think he was a great hire. From what I have read, he is doing a great job of rebuilding recruiting in Texas.

But, if he tries to replace Peruna with two geldings, I am going to speak up. If he has pineapple stickers on the player's helmets, I will throw up.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Tue May 05, 2015 1:34 pm

It was privately raised in December and not taken away form anything else. They sent out a letter asking for money for the coaches office and weight room upgrades. This isn't letting Morris run wild, it's weight room equipment.

Used to restart the mens track program? Are kidding? Stop finding a reason to [deleted] about stuff.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Tue May 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Exactly who is 'whining' or 'looking for something to be miserable about' in this thread?

Can't have an opinion or comment on the board anymore unless it is 110% positive? Boy how the pendulum has swung.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue May 05, 2015 1:49 pm

So many battered wives.

Unbelievable.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby blackoutpony » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm

footballdad wrote:Exactly who is 'whining' or 'looking for something to be miserable about' in this thread?

Can't have an opinion or comment on the board anymore unless it is 110% positive? Boy how the pendulum has swung.

I see you haven't been keeping up with your Hooked on Phonics practice books lately
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Tue May 05, 2015 1:54 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
footballdad wrote:Exactly who is 'whining' or 'looking for something to be miserable about' in this thread?

I see you haven't been keeping up with your Hooked on Phonics practice books lately

The young, stupid and arrogant phase will eventually pass. We forgive you.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Tue May 05, 2015 1:58 pm

footballdad wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:

2 out of 3 aint bad
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue May 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Digetydog wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:It gives them something tangible to show progress to help with recruiting for a 1-11 team (along with the coaches office) until the IPF gets built.
Like putting Lipstick on a Pig??

When the Genius first arrived on campus, too many alums (including me) failed to question anything.
- Would the money have been better spent to expedite the construction of the IPF?
- Would the money have been better spent to help the football team by funding the rebirth of our Men's track program?

I support Morris and think he was a great hire. From what I have read, he is doing a great job of rebuilding recruiting in Texas.

But, if he tries to replace Peruna with two geldings, I am going to speak up. If he has pineapple stickers on the player's helmets, I will throw up.

Good man.
Last edited by ojaipony on Tue May 05, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ojaipony

Postby ojaipony » Tue May 05, 2015 2:03 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
footballdad wrote:

2 out of 3 aint bad

Where's the giraffe eating popcorn gif when you need it?!? :-)
ojaipony

Postby Planter's Punch » Tue May 05, 2015 2:06 pm

A $1.3 million dollar immediate upgrade shows recruits you are getting things changed in the short term and long term (with IPF), and that school is committed to success. Do you really want recruits looking at inferior equipment every time they stop by until the IPF is done?

Given the reputation of the previous S&C, I would presume the immediate equipment upgrade was also necessary to give our staff a players the tools they needed, unless proven otherwise. Do you want an entire year+ of using whatever the overhead projector coached saw fit to use? Should they have delayed the purchase of new cameras and drones until the new IPF was done too?
Planter's Punch
All-American

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue May 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Only our battered wives could see a negative in immediately upgrading our facilities.

Truly amazing.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby ojaipony » Tue May 05, 2015 2:26 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Only our battered wives could see a negative in immediately upgrading our facilities.

Truly amazing.

This one loves it. (I've been in therapy . . . one step at a time).
ojaipony

Postby Mexmustang » Tue May 05, 2015 2:32 pm

Vic our former trainer and SMU linebacker and now at FSU began complaining about the weight room under Bennett, then under June. Just another in a long list of broken promises to two of our coaches that had the projects indefinitely deferred, but the money committed. Do you really believe our former coaches didn't ask? or they liked the frayed carpets, marked walls, and cheap furniture in their offices? One man and one man only has the absolute power over the permission to ask our alumni for money, regardless of the projects.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ebrooks11 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Yet tha Chad got everything the other coaches wanted in record time?
ebrooks11
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football