PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Garrett Gilbert Playing Time for Pats

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Garrett Gilbert Playing Time for Pats

Postby smupony94 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

smupony94 wrote:@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:

So they're calling the deflated ball more than twice as bad as knocking your fiance out cold in an elevator.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon May 11, 2015 5:20 pm

Actually they are saying the lack of cooperation is worse than knocking your fiance out.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smusic 00 » Mon May 11, 2015 5:34 pm

This involved actual cheating and deception in the course of a game.
smusic 00

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 1:03 am

mrydel wrote:Actually they are saying the lack of cooperation is worse than knocking your fiance out.

Se the deflation, if proven beyond reasonable doubt, would be how much worse? 8 times? :roll:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 1:04 am

smusic 00 wrote:This involved actual cheating and deception in the course of a game.

It had no impact on that game. Oh well. It's over and the NFL showed a lack of integrity again.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Tue May 12, 2015 4:48 am

malonish wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:This involved actual cheating and deception in the course of a game.

It had no impact on that game. Oh well. It's over and the NFL showed a lack of integrity again.

That is like saying "nobody was injured" when a guy goes drives home drunk as a skunk.

They are the team that got off easy after Spygate.

They took the game balls AFTER the officials inspected them and took a needle to them. Then, they lied about it.

Twice, the Patriots have been caught ignoring /avoiding league rules based upon trust. The punishment was fair.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue May 12, 2015 6:21 am

mrydel wrote:Actually they are saying the lack of cooperation is worse than knocking your fiance out.

Or maybe they're saying that we have greater standing in football-related matters than a man's personal life, however despicable. So sick of this idea that the NFL has to be an arm of the nanny state.
ponyboy

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 8:52 am

Digetydog wrote:That is like saying "nobody was injured" when a guy goes drives home drunk as a skunk.

They took the game balls AFTER the officials inspected them and took a needle to them. Then, they lied about it.

Twice, the Patriots have been caught ignoring /avoiding league rules based upon trust. The punishment was fair.

Really it's more like the assistants drove home drunk but the NFL wants to believe Tom Brady bought them the drinks but they don't really know for sure so slappa da wrist. Other than that there's plenty of odd stuff in that report that it will be interesting when the appeal starts up. I don't really have a dog in the fight I just find it entertaining. Maybe it's all a conspiracy to keep us talking about the NFL in the off season #Illuminati #HalfLife3Confirmed
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Tue May 12, 2015 9:35 am

malonish wrote:
Digetydog wrote:That is like saying "nobody was injured" when a guy goes drives home drunk as a skunk.

Really it's more like the assistants drove home drunk but the NFL wants to believe Tom Brady bought them the drinks but they don't really know for sure so slappa da wrist. Other than that there's plenty of odd stuff in that report that it will be interesting when the appeal starts up. I don't really have a dog in the fight I just find it entertaining. Maybe it's all a conspiracy to keep us talking about the NFL in the off season #Illuminati #HalfLife3Confirmed

Everything that the team's player and employees do inside the stadium relative to the game are the team's responsibility. It is undisputed that their employee (who happened to call himself the "Deflator" in text message) took the balls when he should have. Since you cannot punish the ball boys, the NFL had Brady or Belicheat to choose from. They chose Brady.
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 10:10 am

Dat Illuminati, yo.

Really, fining Brady 2 mil for something they can't really prove he did outside of a coin flip. Appeal's gonna be interesting as well as Goodell losing one of his few "owner friends" in Robert Kraft.

http://deadspin.com/report-roger-goodel ... 1703856507
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Tue May 12, 2015 3:11 pm

malonish wrote:Dat Illuminati, yo.

Really, fining Brady 2 mil for something they can't really prove he did outside of a coin flip. Appeal's gonna be interesting as well as Goodell losing one of his few "owner friends" in Robert Kraft.

http://deadspin.com/report-roger-goodel ... 1703856507

1) The concept floating around that the level of "proof is a coin flip" is simply false. The report clearly states that they could meet their burden in civil trial on the issue ("more likely than not").

2) Kraft is a Rich guy used to getting his way. It is good to be in a league where the commish is your lap dog. Thanks to the greatness of Brady (He is "that good"), everyone has ignored the simple fact that the Patriot Way is:
a) Refusing to pay market wages to their players. Their treatment of players in contract negotiations is a horror show.
b) Cheating on SpyGate
c) Employing a guy who may be an actual Serial Killer - Hernandez
d) Allowing Belicheat to skirt the rules regarding injury reports. While that might not seem like a big deal, injury reports are mandatory due to possible issues with illegal gambling.
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 3:48 pm

At first I thought NFL was the Illuminati. Now the Patriots are the Illuminati.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby stc9 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Was Brady's lack of cooperation simply the fact that he wouldn't hand over his personal cell phone? If that is the extent of his lack of cooperation this is a BS charge. I wouldn't hand over my cell phone either. This would be giving access to a third party all data, e-mails, text messages, passwords... Etc. Who is to say that he didn't have risqué photos of him and his wife on that phone... Would you want that leaked if you were him. What about e-mails regarding sponsorship opportunities? Once you hand that phone over you lose control over all of that.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Couldn't care less about the Patriots. But the charge of lack of cooperation must be something more than not turning over his cell phone.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby malonish » Tue May 12, 2015 8:10 pm

He spent all day fielding questions and almost none of that landed in the final report.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football