PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CFN: 2015 SMU Preview

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CFN: 2015 SMU Preview

Postby JasonB » Tue May 12, 2015 10:59 am

Considering that Joseph, Seals, Gresham, and Deion aren't going to start, and Deion isn't going to sniff the field, I would say half of his list is wrong.

The players that would see time in the Big 12 are guys like Sutton, Gaines, Gentry, Minor, and Lawler, and none of them are even mentioned.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Tue May 12, 2015 11:02 am

JasonB wrote:Considering that Joseph, Seals, Gresham, and Deion aren't going to start, and Deion isn't going to sniff the field, I would say half of his list is wrong.

The players that would see time in the Big 12 are guys like Sutton, Gaines, Gentry, Minor, and Lawler, and none of them are even mentioned.

Gaines and Sutton, yes. What have Minor, Gentry, and Lawler done to prove that? They've been mostly non-existent.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyswim » Tue May 12, 2015 11:09 am

While I agree on those 5 - Gaines has not done anything to prove his "worthiness" in games. Not that this was his fault - but he has not been used in a way where he could be valuable.
I think that Gentry did a good job on an overwhelmed defense last year. With a year of experience and hopefully a better "fit" for him position-wise, he can be an excellent player.
Most would agree that Minor has a higher level of ability - we just have to see that translated to effective game action.
ponyswim
Varsity

Postby footballdad » Tue May 12, 2015 11:36 am

Gentry, Minor, Rhone & Randolph will be defensive leaders/playmakers........IF they can all stay healthy.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby West Coast Johnny » Wed May 13, 2015 12:04 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:PSA: West Coast Johnny is a TCU troll.

Me a troll? Me?
I disagree with the assessment on this board that there are very few, perhaps less than five big 12 type players on this team. The bottom of the Big 12 includes Kansas and Iowa State and SMU should have (does) have many players those teams would love to have. Kansas State competes at the top of the Big 12 with Jucos and Walkons - SMU should have equal or better talent with KSU. SMU should be competing with the teams from up north like bottom big 10 teams for Texas talent.
West Coast Johnny
All-American

Postby PK » Wed May 13, 2015 12:25 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:PSA: West Coast Johnny is a TCU troll.

Me a troll? Me?

No, you are not a troll. Some people on here get a little carried away with the use of that term.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby mustangxc » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 am

JasonB wrote:Considering that Joseph, Seals, Gresham, and Deion aren't going to start, and Deion isn't going to sniff the field, I would say half of his list is wrong.

Deion isn't going to be on special teams again?
mustangxc

Previous

Return to Football