PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keith Ford transferring from OU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Keith Ford transferring from OU

Postby ponyfan37 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:50 am

Believe he'll have to sit out a year, but the kid is a freak. Has had some off the field issues but I would take him in a heartbeat. He's a Texas kid, so you never know.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Re: Keith Ford transferring from OU

Postby ghost » Thu May 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Why would SMU take anybody in a heartbeat, no matter how talented, without doing some due diligence? If I am the responsible parent of a good Texas high school player who wants to be challenged in the classroom and on the field, do I want him going to an "outlaw" program? NO. This isn't the NFL. I want him going to a winning program who does things right and has great coaches who will push him to be the best he can be, both on and off the field. That is the message SMU needs to get out there to Texans. We aren't the biggest, just the best in all we do!
ghost
All-American

Postby ponyfan37 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm

ghost wrote:Why would SMU take anybody in a heartbeat, no matter how talented, without doing some due diligence? If I am the responsible parent of a good Texas high school player who wants to be challenged in the classroom and on the field, do I want him going to an "outlaw" program? NO. This isn't the NFL. I want him going to a winning program who does things right and has great coaches who will push him to be the best he can be, both on and off the field. That is the message SMU needs to get out there to Texans. We aren't the biggest, just the best in all we do!

I wouldn't just take just anyone. But with Ford, he is apparently eligble again and from what I've heard grades were his issue. I should have worded it differently, but personally I would take Ford. And I'm sure many programs will want him.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby ponyfan37 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 pm

But there are many athletes who are not representing the program well, including on the basketball team. Sometimes you have to take some risks on athletes if you're trying to win. You've either got to win with the most talented players you can find or get high-quality people and hope they have talent. May work some seasons, and may not other years.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu May 14, 2015 4:19 pm

ponyfan37 wrote:But there are many athletes who are not representing the program well, including on the basketball team. Sometimes you have to take some risks on athletes if you're trying to win. You've either got to win with the most talented players you can find or get high-quality people and hope they have talent. May work some seasons, and may not other years.

I'm curious what basketball players you think are not representing the program well?
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football