PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Syracuse pushing for Moore

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Syracuse pushing for Moore

Postby Grant Carter » Sun May 24, 2015 2:46 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Wow. I certainly would not have posted this if I knew this is how the board would respond. The kid is committed to SMU, and many are slamming him because he's kind of loose with his comments on Twitter, really? Also, because he mentioned he has a couple of dream schools that aren't SMU. Guess what? Probably 99% of all stud football recruits have a dream school(s) that is not SMU at this point. Some of you act like we are UT or A&M and every recruit is going to all in from the beginning.

I have no clue if David Moore is constantly seeking attention, or if he 's just being a 17 year kid but I know he's our top ranked recruit and committed to SMU, so I'll trust the staff with decision. I'm certainly not going to come on our fan board and trash him. I just wanted the board to know that Cuse is pursuing him as I'm sure several other schools will be before signing day.

I agree.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Some of you guys need a chill pill. He's a 17 yr old, let him enjoy the recruiting process
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun May 24, 2015 3:12 pm

I want my QB to be a leader not a follower. If he is committed to SMU then he should be recruiting for his future, not wavering because a bunch of kids tweet. See Ben Hicks.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony147 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:28 pm

FWIW I tweeted something with #PonyUpTempo a couple of days ago and he favorited it. Still has plenty of love for SMU and Chad
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby ponyfan37 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:29 pm

"@David_Moore5: #PonyUp fans show my boy @DartaLee some love ! He's committing Wednesday and we need this stud !! #StangGang16"

Doing some recruiting.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Sun May 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Very good. Glad to see that.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby CalallenStang » Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Wow. I certainly would not have posted this if I knew this is how the board would respond. The kid is committed to SMU, and many are slamming him because he's kind of loose with his comments on Twitter, really? Also, because he mentioned he has a couple of dream schools that aren't SMU. Guess what? Probably 99% of all stud football recruits have a dream school(s) that is not SMU at this point. Some of you act like we are UT or A&M and every recruit is going to be all in from the beginning.

I have no clue if David Moore is constantly seeking attention, or if he 's just being a 17 year old kid but I know he's our top ranked recruit and committed to SMU, so I'll trust the staff with that decision. I'm certainly not going to come on our fan board and trash him. I just wanted the board to know that Cuse is pursuing him as I'm sure several other schools will be before signing day. When that happens hopefully he won't acknowlegde it on Twitter and get trashed on our board. What a terrible kid!

I think you misinterpreted my comments. Not trashing the kid at all; I am just saying that he needs to go where he wants to go. If he wants to go somewhere more than SMU, he should go there instead. With his comments indicating interest elsewhere, I do wonder if he committed too early. I do get exhausted reading his comments about other schools, but that is more out of concern that the situation is right than anything else. If he comes here because he committed too early and actually wants to go somewhere else, that wouldn't be good for his mindset on the Hilltop.
CalallenStang

Postby ponyboy » Sun May 24, 2015 7:50 pm

He needs to come here. Perfect fit.
ponyboy

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun May 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Not too worried about Syracuse...would you rather spend the next four years of your life in upstate NY with ugly girls or the Park Cities with girls that arent ugly?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Not too worried about Syracuse...would you rather spend the next four years of your life in upstate NY with ugly girls or the Park Cities with girls that arent ugly?

Football players get girls from all over DFW - Kyle got a TCU dance squad girl
smupony94

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Calallen,
I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. My point is if this program can ever get to where we want it (TCU) we are going to have to do what Patterson and staff did - recruit really good athletes and have them find their true position at SMU. Patterson is a genius at it. Morris is going to have to do the same. This doesn't apply to Moore but we have to accept that SMU is not going to be the first choice for most of the guys we want. Moore is a legit P5 starting QB talent.
Last edited by LA_Mustang on Sun May 24, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:51 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Just RT to @smucompliance they seem to enjoy such things

I am a figment of your imagination...
smupony94

Postby smupony94 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:27 pm

The rivals publisher for Syracuse asked me to stop tweeting because he thought I was mean
smupony94

Postby gostangs » Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 pm

patterson is a solid coach. He is not a genius.
gostangs

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm

He's a genius at identifying talent and finding their position. No one can argue that.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Football