PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Syracuse pushing for Moore

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Syracuse pushing for Moore

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun May 24, 2015 11:00 pm

smupony94 wrote:
RGV Pony wrote:Just RT to @smucompliance they seem to enjoy such things

I am a figment of your imagination...

True argument, and we have discussed this before, but has there ever been a case of the NCAA actually punishing a school or player for tweets they received from a certain school's fans? I know the whole idea of old guys tweeting at HS kids is a bit creepy, but outside of that whole aspect, has anyone actually been punished. I see this as one of those additional tickets the cops throw at you when you get a big ticket.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby CalallenStang » Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 am

LA_Mustang wrote:Calallen,
I get what you're saying, and I agree for the most part. My point is if this program can ever get to where we want it (TCU) we are going to have to do what Patterson and staff did - recruit really good athletes and have them find their true position at SMU. Patterson is a genius at it. Morris is going to have to do the same. This doesn't apply to Moore but we have to accept that SMU is not going to be the first choice for most of the guys we want. Moore is a legit P5 starting QB talent.

100% agree
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby coloradoStang » Mon May 25, 2015 8:42 pm

David Moore ‏@David_Moore5 3h3 hours ago
Gonna have some new members to the #StangGang16 pretty soon stay tuned ✌️ #PonyUp
coloradoStang
All-American

Postby Pony Boss » Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 pm

coloradoStang wrote:David Moore ‏@David_Moore5 3h3 hours ago
Gonna have some new members to the #StangGang16 pretty soon stay tuned [VICTORY HAND]️ #PonyUp

BOOM!
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue May 26, 2015 1:47 am

premature?
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue May 26, 2015 9:06 am

I wonder if it could be referencing his teammate (Josh Moran) that we offered recently and not Darta Lee.

As for the attention-seeking aspect of it that just comes with the territory of going after highly recruited players in the twitter age. You really can't get caught up in every single tweet or article. I''m sure the recruitment of Moore will be a bumpy ride that is what happens when a guy with over 20 offers commits to a 1-11 program with a new coach. Schools are not going to just back down.

From the sound of it Moore is trying to get more guys in our camp and is genuinely excited about SMU so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby well travelled pony » Tue May 26, 2015 10:45 am

[

From the sound of it Moore is trying to get more guys in our camp and is genuinely excited about SMU so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.[/quote]

+1. Kid seems excited by the future at SMU.

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Tue May 26, 2015 12:45 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:Not too worried about Syracuse...would you rather spend the next four years of your life in upstate NY with ugly girls or the Park Cities with girls that arent ugly?

His dad played lacrosse for Syracuse.

And here's a quote from an interview he did with scout after it

"It meant a lot because before I committed, Syracuse was a place that I had wanted an offer almost the most from," Moore said. "I was happy because he offered me after watching me play my game and he knows what I can do. So that was a good feeling."

"All I will say is that Syracuse is the only other school that will get a real hard look at this point," Moore said.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue May 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Lots to like about Syracuse if they can get the program off the mat. Great school with great connections to that area.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Pony Boss » Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:Lots to like about SMU if they can get the program off the mat. Great school with great connections to that area.

FIFY
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby alyssa » Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 pm

The winters there would keep me away.
alyssa
All-American

Postby PonyKai » Tue May 26, 2015 2:40 pm

My guidance counselor actually told me not to apply to Syracuse because it was balls cold and full of hideous looking women.
PonyKai

Postby smupony94 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:My guidance counselor actually told me not to apply to Syracuse because it was balls cold and full of hideous looking women.

You made friends with that comment the other night
smupony94

Postby ghost » Tue May 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Nice to see a board poster leading the way in recruiting do's and don'ts. I am sure the coaches and recruits appreciate it.
ghost
All-American

Postby PSCA » Tue May 26, 2015 10:48 pm

He is a 17 year old being a 17 year old ... attention seeking. He just also happens to a be stud. Winters are hard no doubt, but upstate NY with all the finger lakes ... is beautiful country. If you like the outdoors .. hunting ... fishing ... skiing ... hiking/camping ... it is pretty nice. The Carrier doom can rock .. F-Ball, X-Cross, B-Ball. Cuse is a good school ... ugly girls, can't speak for all of them, But one Alumn is pretty hot (Megan Kelly ... on Fox News).
PSCA
All-American

Previous

Return to Football