PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Is anyone buying season tickets?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Is anyone buying season tickets?

Postby PonyKai » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah, good thing we have that $20,000,000 annual TV contract to make up the massive revenue gap with the P-5 conferences with the door closing on the opportunity to even play at a meaningful level into the future.
PonyKai
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:27 pm

ParkyPony wrote:Dropped my 4 football and 4 basketball tickets. Tired of being jacked around by re-seating, donation per seat and Mustang Club arrogant attitude. First and foremost, I am out until both football AND basketball hang some skins on the wall that justify these insane increases. Yeah, yeah...I know basketball won it's FIRST conference and tournament Championship since the mid 90's, but then it was one and done. Hardly justifying $6,000 just for the privilege of 4 seats and not including the $4,000 for the season tickets.

And as previous poster said above, the programs need financial support to keep up. You cannot deny support and still expect the product to improve, that is arrogant in itself, rather than some increases to help make the product better.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Parky displays the attitude that confuses me. Claims to be a fan - but doesn't like the things that come with success - like in basketball regarding reseating. And assuming we are one and done with what we have coming back displays some serious lack of basketball knowledge.

I have a pretty strong hunch you wont be that missed. We start getting any kind of traction and your money is easily replaced, and the attitude is a negative so it might be fine having you sit home.
gostangs

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:21 pm

ParkyPony wrote:Dropped my 4 football and 4 basketball tickets. Tired of being jacked around by re-seating, donation per seat and Mustang Club arrogant attitude. First and foremost, I am out until both football AND basketball hang some skins on the wall that justify these insane increases. Yeah, yeah...I know basketball won it's FIRST conference and tournament Championship since the mid 90's, but then it was one and done. Hardly justifying $6,000 just for the privilege of 4 seats and not including the $4,000 for the season tickets.

Have you thought about buying less expensive seats?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Parkies can't be seen in the cheap seats. Someone at the club will start rumors.
smusic 00

Postby 03Mustang » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:30 pm

With that kind of attitude I assume that your seats are likely empty for the 2nd half of every game anyway, regardless of the score.

With the pace Morris is on you'll be back or replaced soon enough.

Bye.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:44 am

Good riddance, you're probably one of those people at the games telling everyone around you to sit down and be quiet.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:17 am

Or the one that shows up in the 2nd quarter and leaves at half to go to the suites.
smusic 00

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 am

What a joke if that is truly the reason you decided not to get season tickets. Its people/fans like you that will be to blame if this thing is dead or stuck in D1AA.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:11 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:What a joke if that is truly the reason you decided not to get season tickets. Its people/fans like you that will be to blame if this thing is dead or stuck in D1AA.

He probably still thinks June should be our coach
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:05 pm

blackoutpony wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:What a joke if that is truly the reason you decided not to get season tickets. Its people/fans like you that will be to blame if this thing is dead or stuck in D1AA.

He probably still thinks June should be our coach

June was so last month...
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby RednBlue11 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:44 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:So you cancel your tickets the year we finally get rid of June and have the thing headed in the right direction? Interesting move.

your optimism is unnerving
"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Anybody got a count of how many tickets we've sold so far? Are we on an UPTEMPO pace?
Bergermeister

Postby RednBlue11 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Anybody got a count of how many tickets we've sold so far? Are we on an UPTEMPO pace?

this many

"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 35straight » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 am

I dropped last year due to June. Back in this year.

4 Football
2 Basketball

I asked the ticket office, but they said they didn't have any numbers, but it was more than last year.
35straight
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football