PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Is anyone buying season tickets?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Is anyone buying season tickets?

Postby GreenbeltPony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:42 am

35straight wrote:I dropped last year due to June. Back in this year.

4 Football
2 Basketball

I asked the ticket office, but they said they didn't have any numbers, but it was more than last year.

I bought another football season ticket and they pretty much told me the same thing. The numbers are "good" so far and they expect more orders to come in the closer we get to the first game.
"Greenbelt Pony is right" - PonyPride
GreenbeltPony
Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:49 am

Go Mustangs! -
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Any idea what the season ticket numbers were at the height of the Junesus era (2010-2012)?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Don't think we ever broke 12,000
smupony94

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:57 pm

I thought somewhere near 10k the year Ford opened was the high water mark. I thought the "plan" was to aim for 16k season tickets and would like to think that could happen if/when football puts a quality team on the field (as we've seen with demand for hoops tickets). Not sure we even approached that 10k figure during the JJ era
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:40 pm

yeah after June's decline I bet we were under 10,000 FULL season ticket plans but sold a high number of ticket plans to TCU and A&M fans and others that inflated the number to maybe 12,000
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:46 pm

35straight wrote:I dropped last year due to June. Back in this year.

4 Football
2 Basketball

I asked the ticket office, but they said they didn't have any numbers, but it was more than last year.

Did you drop the basketball tickets too or just football?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Stallion wrote:yeah after June's decline I bet we were under 10,000 FULL season ticket plans but sold a high number of ticket plans to TCU and A&M fans and others that inflated the number to maybe 12,000

So, I moved out of Dallas for a few years right as June got hired. I didn't come back until 2010. What was attendance like in the beginning before he burned a lot of bridges?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
Stallion wrote:yeah after June's decline I bet we were under 10,000 FULL season ticket plans but sold a high number of ticket plans to TCU and A&M fans and others that inflated the number to maybe 12,000

So, I moved out of Dallas for a few years right as June got hired. I didn't come back until 2010. What was attendance like in the beginning before he burned a lot of bridges?

Here's a snapshot since 2008:
In 2008 22K showed up for Junes first game against Texas State and almost 31K were in attendance for the TCU game two weeks later but after that, attendance never even hit 19K for the remaining home games and only 13K showed up for the Southern Miss game to end the season.
Almost 35K were there as we beat SFA in the season opener in 2009 but when the 2-2 Mustangs played their next home game against ECU, attendance was reported as 13.6K. Attendance was between 18-22K for the remaining home games that season.
2010 had 16.6K for the home opener against UAB and the remaining home games had between 17-21K that year.
For 2011, almost 27K witnessed the Mustangs defeating UTEP in the home opener and even Northwestern State drew 20K for the Mustang victory. In mid-October, only 23K showed up the week after SMU defeated ranked TCU which caused June to start calling out the fans and for the last game of the year at home, a little over 14K showed up for the victory against Rice.

20K showed up to watch the Mustangs get a W in the 2012 home opener against SFA after SMU got throttled by Baylor to open the season in Waco in a truly dismal game. 31K showed up when the Aggies came to town although the temporary bleachers SMU had brought in for the "price gouging" games where largely empty and the next week, 28K saw us lose to TCU. 16K came to cheer on the Mustangs the Thursday after their collapse against Tulane as UofH was destroyed by CMU 72-42. For the last home game of the year, attendance was reported to be 15.5K, but anybody who was there can tell you it was much less than that.

Texas Tech fans pushed attendance to almost 35K to start the 2013 season at Ford but the following week, only 15K showed up for Montana State but many of them weren't there for GG's miraculous play to win the game for SMU. 19K were reported for the triple overtime defeat against Rutgers and attendance got smaller each game the rest of the season. Attendance was reported as 12.6K for the game in the freezing cold against UCF in which SMU said if you could get to the stadium, anybody could come in as the city of Dallas was pretty much shut down. There were probably closer to 5-6k of us who actually went out to see if SMU could ruing UCF's chance at a BCS game.

Almost 35K were reported to be in attendance for the A&M game as the home opener in 2014 and 23K showed up the following week to see the Mustangs in Ford against TCU. However when the winless Mustangs came back two weeks later, only 16K were there for the loss against Cincinnati. The last home game of the year against Houston drew a little over 15K.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Smulaw90 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:47 am

I bought mine last year but didn't make any of the games. Missed the A&M because I had a vacation to Maine with a sexy lawyer from NY. Anyway, renewed my tickets for this season. Wasn't too excited last year. Excited this year. Pony Up!
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am

you just confirmed yourself as the average, typical SMU stereotype. Congrats
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Cadillac » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:32 pm

I'm moving back after a five year exile to Houston. I picked up four season tickets. Really looking forward to the rebuilding project. Hoping for a better year than 2008.

-CoS
Cadillac
Hall of Famer

Postby Chnash318 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:44 pm

When do we receive football tickets?
Chnash318
Junior Varsity

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Couple days after they mail them usually. ;)
smusic 00

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:27 am

Cadillac wrote:I'm moving back after a five year exile to Houston. I picked up four season tickets. Really looking forward to the rebuilding project. Hoping for a better year than 2008.

-CoS

I wish you would just post somewhere
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football