PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Diddy arrested for swinging kettlebell at UCLA coach

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 am

His son is on the team and DIddy didn't like his little baby getting yelled at by the strength coach.

BEWARE HELICOPTER FOOTBALLDAD :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/22/diddy-arr ... ch-justin/
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Diddy arrested for swinging kettlebell at UCLA coach

Postby Digetydog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 am

blackoutpony wrote:His son is on the team and DIddy didn't like his little baby getting yelled at by the strength coach.

Since Klemm just got reinstated, I was wondering if he was the victim.

Question: what percentage of universities have a "jail" like UCLA does?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smustatesman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:21 pm

In some reports I've read that "The Pee's" son was red shirted and is 5' 7" tall. His red shirt sounds very political, ie. for recruiting purposes, and not for defensive football talent.

Also, rumor is that "P" says he thought that a kettlebell was a musical instrument, and that was he just trying to use it as a "musical teachable moment" with the coach.
Last edited by smustatesman on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 pm

RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Digetydog wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:His son is on the team and DIddy didn't like his little baby getting yelled at by the strength coach.

Since Klemm just got reinstated, I was wondering if he was the victim.

Question: what percentage of universities have a "jail" like UCLA does?

Maybe it's not a jail per se. I once had to pick someone up from Collin college campus police at the Frisco location. Basically all it ended up being was a little office with said person in cuffs. Obviously this was just a community college but technically I did pick the guy up "from jail" because he was being restrained in a room by actual uniformed officers.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:52 pm

smustatesman wrote:In some reports I've read that "The Pee's" son was red shirted and is 5' 7" tall. His red shirt sounds very political, ie. for recruiting purposes, and not for defensive football talent..

Sounds a lot like Deion Jr
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby gostangs » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Deion is a legit player. This guy is just a celebrity smurf.
gostangs

Postby Digetydog » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:50 am

smustatesman wrote:In some reports I've read that "The Pee's" son was red shirted and is 5' 7" tall. His red shirt sounds very political, ie. for recruiting purposes, and not for defensive football talent.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Ric ... y-incident

There is lots of good information in the link, but this might explain why Neuheisel is unemployed. Giving scholarships to kids because their parents are potential donors?

"When you’re weighing the assets of what a youngster can do for your program, there’s no question (being Diddy’s son) had something to do with it for me. Justin is a great kid. His problem was his size. He’s not big enough to be a dominant player. Could he be productive? Yes. The fact his father was an influential guy played into my decision to go ahead and offer him."
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Kinda feel bad for the kid, hard enough to make the transition from HS to College ball without the weight/circus that would come with being a celebrities son.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Digetydog wrote:
smustatesman wrote:In some reports I've read that "The Pee's" son was red shirted and is 5' 7" tall. His red shirt sounds very political, ie. for recruiting purposes, and not for defensive football talent.

There is lots of good information in the link, but this might explain why Neuheisel is unemployed. Giving scholarships to kids because their parents are potential donors? ."

Sure it's fine and probably beneficial to do this sparingly. How often is the kid of Diddy or snoop going to come along and actually be able to play football? Gets you a lot of popularity among recruits and even if they aren't good enough to contribute to the depth chart they can probably still cover punts and be a tackling dummy. It's all about pr. This becomes a problem when it's not one on the roster here and there, but people like June Jones are handing out 3-5 per class to his buddies.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:02 pm

OMG - the humanity!!! The strength & conditioning coach mocked him for skipping a workout!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... -1.2272550

The abuse these kids take these days is shocking. Next, we will learn they replaced Gatorade with H2O and Powerbars with Costo Brand bars.
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

vielsiehorsepower wrote:
Digetydog wrote:

There is lots of good information in the link, but this might explain why Neuheisel is unemployed. Giving scholarships to kids because their parents are potential donors? ."

Sure it's fine and probably beneficial to do this sparingly. How often is the kid of Diddy or snoop going to come along and actually be able to play football? Gets you a lot of popularity among recruits and even if they aren't good enough to contribute to the depth chart they can probably still cover punts and be a tackling dummy. It's all about pr. This becomes a problem when it's not one on the roster here and there, but people like June Jones are handing out 3-5 per class to his buddies.

Snoop's son is actually pretty good.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PonySnob » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 am

Justin Combs has now been kicked off the UCLA football team:

Justin was sacked from the team on Tuesday — just hours after his famous father posted bond and walked out of the UCLA campus jail.

Witnesses say Combs, who attended practice once a week, was upset with strength and conditioning Coach Sal Alosi for “disrespecting” Justin and throwing him out of practice.

A UCLA Bruins player told Radar, “We were working out in a warm up line and Justin was in front. He did something incorrectly and Coach Alosi [seen here] yelled at him, saying ‘You’re never in the front of the line, go to the back of the line.’”

The player said, “Justin was shaking his head saying ‘You’re tripping and over-reacting,’ and that made the coach mad.”

So strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi “yelled at him, ‘You’re done for the rest of the season, go work out with your dad’s personal trainer!’” the Justin was sacked from the team on Tuesday — just hours after his famous father posted bond and walked out of the UCLA campus jail.

Witnesses say Combs, who attended practice once a week, was upset with strength and conditioning Coach Sal Alosi for “disrespecting” Justin and throwing him out of practice.

A UCLA Bruins player told Radar, “We were working out in a warm up line and Justin was in front. He did something incorrectly and Coach Alosi [seen here] yelled at him, saying ‘You’re never in the front of the line, go to the back of the line.’”

The player said, “Justin was shaking his head saying ‘You’re tripping and over-reacting,’ and that made the coach mad.”

So strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi “yelled at him, ‘You’re done for the rest of the season, go work out with your dad’s personal trainer!’” the source claimed.

The source said Justin missed too many mandatory team practices and claimed he was working out with his father’s personal trainer.

After he was kicked out of practice Justin ran home to tell his father who rushed down to the facility and confronted Alosi in the locker room after practice. Combs became irate when Alosi, who was on his cell phone, told Combs to wait one minute.

Alosi reportedly told Justin he would speak to him but Combs had to leave his office — which made Combs even angrier.

Alosi put his arms up in a defensive gesture when Combs allegedly walked into his hand. “Don’t put your hands on me,” Combs allegedly warned Alosi.

A Hollywood insider said Combs hates to lose at anything. The 45-year-old father-of-5 gradually grew frustrated over his son’s lack of playing time.

The insider said Combs is that dad who is overprotective of his pampered son.

“Coaches yell during practice,” the insider told Sandrarose.com. “That’s why you send your kids away to college… If he doesn’t coaches yelling at Justin he should keep him at home.”

Radar’s source said Head Coach Jim Mora “hasn’t been impressed with Justin as a player.” He said, “Justin was recruited by previous coach Rick Neuheisel, and Mora probably would never have offered him a spot on the team. Justin just doesn’t have the size to make an impact on the field.”

Mora hired a new coaching staff who didn’t have the same respect for Combs that the old coach had. As a result, Justin has only played in seven games in three seasons.

“Justin isn’t the first person to get thrown out of practice. But Justin just doesn’t have the gift for football really,” the Bruins player told Radar.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby smustatesman » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Pee, it is rumored now says he thought Alosi said, "more kettlebell" when in reality he said, "more cowbell".
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby Nacho » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:59 pm

i'v heard that master p (not p diddy) could actually ball.
Nacho

Return to Football