PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OU president: BIGXII should have 12 members

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OU president: BIGXII should have 12 members

Postby peruna81 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 pm

fifty wrote:Shoot..let's start with beating NTSU and JMU then worry about winning consistently.

Baylor...just once more in my life I want to see miserable Baptists leaving en masse...although I see it after each sermon I give each Sunday.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm

It's a longshot but I hope we beat the crap out of them and start the Morris era the right way.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 am

Pony Boss wrote:It's a longshot but I hope we beat the crap out of them and start the Morris era the right way.

Hope they do a better job with any fireworks at the game than at the start of the Bennett era.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:07 am

I have the feeling we will be able to hang with Baylor this season at least until the game gets out of hand.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby TidePony » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 am

At least we'll have a game plan, and won't have pre-penciled in a loss.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby jpe747 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:39 am

I believe our new coaches will get everything available out of these players. I think they will come out with a much better attitude...with a chip on their shoulder ready to play ball. I don't think that was the case last year. It will be interesting to see just how these players play. It could be something special and I hope that is the case.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:16 am

I think we can give Baylor a tussle for a half or three quarters. By the fourth our guys will be gassed and their depth will take over. I'd be happy with a 45-24 type of scoreline.

TCU, on the other hand, will throttle us. I could see a 63-10 type of beatdown in Fort Worth.

It's all good though. I fully expect us to be able to hold our own against any competition by 2017 moving forward. That 2018 game in Ann Arbor is going to be a huge moment for SMU football.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:16 pm

jpe747 wrote:I believe our new coaches will get everything available out of these players. I think they will come out with a much better attitude...with a chip on their shoulder ready to play ball. I don't think that was the case last year. It will be interesting to see just how these players play. It could be something special and I hope that is the case.

Agreed. I read somewhere that one of the AAC coaches said we were a better team than our record indicated, and that the shakeup at the beginning of the season and interim status of the remaining staff affected us in a negative way.

Looking back at 2014, we were competitive with conference co-champion ECU in Greenville, at Tulsa, and vs. USF in addition to beating UConn. We were also up on UH at the half. The UNT game was the perfect storm of us being their eternal Super Bowl and June Jones being 110% checked out.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:14 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:
jpe747 wrote:I believe our new coaches will get everything available out of these players. I think they will come out with a much better attitude...with a chip on their shoulder ready to play ball. I don't think that was the case last year. It will be interesting to see just how these players play. It could be something special and I hope that is the case.

Agreed. I read somewhere that one of the AAC coaches said we were a better team than our record indicated, and that the shakeup at the beginning of the season and interim status of the remaining staff affected us in a negative way.

Looking back at 2014, we were competitive with conference co-champion ECU in Greenville, at Tulsa, and vs. USF in addition to beating UConn. We were also up on UH at the half. The UNT game was the perfect storm of us being their eternal Super Bowl and June Jones being 110% checked out.

ECU was not a one true co-champ. Only UCF, Memphis and Cincinnati were.

Agree with everything else.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby whitwiki » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Being up at halftime or hanging with a team means nothing to me. We lost those games because we were outmatched.
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby fifty » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:07 pm

It's still shawn oakman vs some undersized guy for us who can barely play oline. We'll get creamed this year but i truly believe we'll get there in the near future
fifty
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:43 pm

To be fair, Briggs is 6'6" 310 and is, in my opinion, by far our best O lineman. Oakman will be a tough matchup for every OL he faces this season, though
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby whitwiki » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:33 am

fifty wrote:It's still shawn oakman vs some undersized guy for us who can barely play oline. We'll get creamed this year but i truly believe we'll get there in the near future

Billings too
whitwiki
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football