PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Roster Updated

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Roster Updated

Postby PonyPride » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:00 am

That was one of the most bizarre interviews in recent memory. Those national programs are great opportunities for coaches to basically recruit for free, and Cowherd threw softballs to Harbaugh, giving him a chance to talk about how great Michigan is, how cool it is to coach at his alma mater, what a great academic school it is, to talk up the Big 12 .... anything. Harbaugh could not have sounded less interested in being there.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:09 am

PonyPride wrote:That was one of the most bizarre interviews in recent memory. Those national programs are great opportunities for coaches to basically recruit for free, and Cowherd threw softballs to Harbaugh, giving him a chance to talk about how great Michigan is, how cool it is to coach at his alma mater, what a great academic school it is, to talk up the Big Ten .... anything. Harbaugh could not have sounded less interested in being there.

FIFY
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Digetydog » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:34 am

PonyPride wrote:That was one of the most bizarre interviews in recent memory. Those national programs are great opportunities for coaches to basically recruit for free, and Cowherd threw softballs to Harbaugh, giving him a chance to talk about how great Michigan is, how cool it is to coach at his alma mater, what a great academic school it is, to talk up the Big 12 .... anything. Harbaugh could not have sounded less interested in being there.

Between the softballs, the sucking up, and the praise of Michigan football, Cowherd couldn't have offered a more "friendly" interview up to him.

At Stanford, the press really didn't care about the program. In the NFL , head coaches (who win ->
Belechek) can get away with being hostile to the press.

At a place like Michigan, he better win big if he is going to act like that. Michigan fans are going to demand real answers after any losses.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 pm

I don't see Collin LaGasse-did he graduate?
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:32 pm

not sure-but he wasn't with the team in the spring
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm aware you're aware, certainly love my boy Jorden Severt.[/quote] FootballDad

Jorden is your son?. I always wanted to know who your son was so i could root for him.
When my son played everyone knew who we both were on the boards.
One Trick Pony

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:05 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:When my son played everyone knew who we both were on the boards.

Knowing you somewhat, I can say you likely were a positive to have on the board and in the UCF community.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:06 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:When my son played everyone knew who we both were on the boards.

Knowing you somewhat, I can say you likely were a positive to have on the board and in the UCF community.

LOL thanks! Always fun - Distant memory now.
One Trick Pony

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:07 pm

footballdad wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:So, John O'Korn (UH backup) is now at Michigan....in place of Hicks? Harbaugh loaded up with something like seven QBs. I doubt they're all on scholarship but he brought in a bunch like Gentry from New Mexico (former UT commit). U-M is a great place and JH is a great coach, but he's in a good spot to grab the starting spot. Just like he could have at Houston.

Hicks or O'Korn?

In my limited opinion, Hicks could have started at UH this fall. He'd have to beat out Ward but he seems more suited for Herman's offense, at least bigger and able to take some blows. Ward is about 6'0" 175. Who knows about O'Korn? He was pulled last year and seems to disenfranchise himself. Apparently a good kid with good upside. He and Hicks were both ***. I liked that Hicks was starting in the spring.

Moore seems to have a world of potential and can unseat anyone. If he doesn't start in the spring, he may need a bit more time to learn the playbook unless he runs the same offense. Thinking of Kevin Kolb who started as a freshman and ran Briles' offense in high school.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby vielsiehorsepower » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:29 pm

tristatecoog wrote:
footballdad wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:So, John O'Korn (UH backup) is now at Michigan....in place of Hicks? Harbaugh loaded up with something like seven QBs. I doubt they're all on scholarship but he brought in a bunch like Gentry from New Mexico (former UT commit). U-M is a great place and JH is a great coach, but he's in a good spot to grab the starting spot. Just like he could have at Houston.

Hicks or O'Korn?

In my limited opinion, Hicks could have started at UH this fall. He'd have to beat out Ward but he seems more suited for Herman's offense, at least bigger and able to take some blows. Ward is about 6'0" 175. Who knows about O'Korn? He was pulled last year and seems to disenfranchise himself. Apparently a good kid with good upside. He and Hicks were both ***. I liked that Hicks was starting in the spring.

Moore seems to have a world of potential and can unseat anyone. If he doesn't start in the spring, he may need a bit more time to learn the playbook unless he runs the same offense. Thinking of Kevin Kolb who started as a freshman and ran Briles' offense in high school.

Hicks is definitely second on the depth chart.
vielsiehorsepower
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:36 pm

tristatecoog wrote:
footballdad wrote:

Hicks or O'Korn?

Sorry - trading in UH for Big Blue is a no brainier.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:36 am

Ward is a really impressive athlete. He's going to be a handful for the next few years.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Mestengo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:02 am

I've waited long enough who is footballdad and who is his son?
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Junior » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 am

Mestengo wrote:I've waited long enough who is footballdad and who is his son?

It's some dude.

And his kid.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Mestengo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:36 am

I knew it!
yo dad come out of the closet
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext