PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

luxurious tailgate suites

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: luxurious tailgate suites

Postby jpe747 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Topper wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:
jpe747 wrote: SMU is already thought of as stuck up by greater Dallas.

SMU is stuck up. Small, exclusive, elite, uninviting atmosphere in which Joe Average has zero interest.

I try to give away tickets to every home game to people who would not normally attend SMU events of any kind. Joe Average and his family. Most of the time the tickets go unused despite the fact that they are pretty good seats. The primary reasons they are hard to give away:

1. They would rather stay home and watch Big 12 or SEC on TV. We don't play attractive teams.
2. Too many 11:00 am games. They have errands to run and things to do on Saturday a.m.
3. They are not familiar with the Park Cities and don't want to hassle with finding parking.

I

I agree with all the above. Winning helps EVERYTHING. And, I think the haves should have their special areas, etc. I recognize they are very important to SMU. What I listed was some of my thoughts for 1) Ways to make the SMU Boulevard experience more attractive to new comers as well as the regular Boulevard goers. 2) Get people into the stadium instead of staying out on the Boulevard. 3) Change the above ugly perception into a truer understanding of the GREAT university that we all love. What I didn't expect to read (nor have I experienced) was that SMU does not want 'regular Joes' enjoying SMU football games. If that becomes reality then we can forget filling up our stadium with new supporters. Like said above, it is much easier to sit at home and watch football games in the air conditioning and on the couch then go to the stadium.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm

I'd prefer this suite for about a 5th of the cost

RCCL Royal Loft Suite

https://www.visualitineraries.com/img/l ... /27512.jpg
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby NewEraSMU » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Just now seeing this but, my company bought one of these suites for 3 games this upcoming year. You all saw the season price for all inclusive being 40k. Well news flash, they have so many options that it helps anyone and everyone out. 40k is a season with all inclusive meals and beverages and vip access to the new Mustang Club vip area with 30 or 40 tickets. PACKAGES START OFF AT 2500-3K and go to 7K per game depending on what you want. NOTHING BAD. They have packages without tickets to games, without beverages and food, without parking but you guys only pay attention to the biggest price on the page. You get to customize it. If you guys would at the least bit look into it some more, you would see the price breakdown is truly remarkable with how much you would spend a full season providing everything they do compared to what they give you at the prices they have set. My wife and I have had a boulevard spot for four years now, and had never seen anything this cool until the guys at MSP emailed us and got in touch with myself. It didn't take any extra fee to relocate and I will actually be closer to the stadium with better parking. Not to mention the possibility of a live band playing near us. I will still get the vard feel, they are only off binkley. Nothing too drastic. Really cool design, that people should look more into before bashing. They also gave us a list of places that we can get food from. Mi Cocina (will be our best bet), Canes, Central Market, Ruthies Grilled Cheeses, some pizza place (forgive me don't know the name off the top of my head) plus much more great options. They aren't trying to ruin anything, truly a nifty idea! :lol:
NewEraSMU

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Who was bashing anything except the price, which until now, was the only one published?

Thanks for the good info. My friend was quoted 40 and that's what I heard. Good to know there are options. Hope you enjoy.
smusic 00

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank you for the additional info.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Football