PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

luxurious tailgate suites

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: luxurious tailgate suites

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:29 pm

As far as being told you can't tailgate with this or that.... it will only fly if shown to be a danger to crowd..... term used loosely.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Spoken in jest. Even if they did try that, there's ways around. How many people use only the 'approved' catering vendors?
RGV Pony

Postby Mestengo » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:19 pm

I have no clue who bought them they were released to the ticket office last year I kept two out of the four I love the fact that someone paid a thousand dollar donation and actually paid for them so I won't have to give them away for another 8 years
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:36 pm

It's me and Pony Lady lol
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:52 pm

With the forced increased basketball donations, I imagine you will see quite a bit of infiltration into 104, and subsequently into 103 and 105 as well simply because people can.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby DiamondM » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:08 pm

BUS wrote:This is the most creative idea from smu athletics in decades. Fun times as the boulevard expands down Binkley. Maybe someday we take over the soccer parking lot as well.

Money issues aside, if nobody buys the spot the price will drop. Have and have not is a state of mind. You can still walk by and get a drink. Still yell a go mustang... slap a high five... rich and not so rich do those things.

Nice to see smu do a portable, good looking set up. Really like the balcony !!!

If you don't like it.... don't rent it.

Bus, the release suggests that the " premium village" itself is exclusive -- so you cannot stop by and have a drink. I could be reading it wrong, but it sounds like a large area with velvet ropes and a bouncer with a list. I get trying to create something to sell to those who missed out on a scarce resource that is in high demand, but Hart's statement that “adding luxury suites should only enhance the Boulevard experience” is laughable. No one could actually claim with a straight face that luxury suites ever enhance atmosphere.

We also have 2 built in flat screens, plenty of beer, "luxurious" camp chair and picnic table seating, shade and fans on hot days too, but we welcome anyone to stop by and have a beer as most others on the Boulevard do.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:17 pm

DiamondM wrote:
BUS wrote:This is the most creative idea from smu athletics in decades. Fun times as the boulevard expands down Binkley. Maybe someday we take over the soccer parking lot as well.

Money issues aside, if nobody buys the spot the price will drop. Have and have not is a state of mind. You can still walk by and get a drink. Still yell a go mustang... slap a high five... rich and not so rich do those things.

Nice to see smu do a portable, good looking set up. Really like the balcony !!!

If you don't like it.... don't rent it.

Bus, the release suggests that the " premium village" itself is exclusive -- so you cannot stop by and have a drink. I could be reading it wrong, but it sounds like a large area with velvet ropes and a bouncer with a list. I get trying to create something to sell to those who missed out on a scarce resource that is in high demand, but Hart's statement that “adding luxury suites should only enhance the Boulevard experience” is laughable. No one could actually claim with a straight face that luxury suites ever enhance atmosphere.

We also have 2 built in flat screens, plenty of beer, "luxurious" camp chair and picnic table seating, shade and fans on hot days too, but we welcome anyone to stop by and have a beer as most others on the Boulevard do.

I did not interpret the press release to imply that this area will be roped off. I think anyone will be able to walk through it. I seriously doubt that food trucks are going to come park in an area that is limited to the small number of people who pay $40k for a trailer tailgate box.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Grant Carter wrote:I did not interpret the press release to imply that this area will be roped off. I think anyone will be able to walk through it. I seriously doubt that food trucks are going to come park in an area that is limited to the small number of people who pay $40k for a trailer tailgate box.

It's hard to tell. I don't see how they can promise "access to private bathrooms" without it being disconnected in some way. I guess we will all find out September 4 (assuming they sell any of these).

Go Mustangs!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby gostangs » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Some of you are a bunch of scrooges - and i mean you are taking scrooginess to an art form. I agree the price, if true, (big if) is silly. But i could see 15-20 alums renting this for a grand each for the season. Looks fun, particularly the deck.

If it not bumping anyone - which they have already said it is not - who cares.? Not your deal? Fine - don't rent it. Just do what you are doing now and enjoy yourself. Sheeez, Lighten up and have some fun. Bunch of grumpy sticks in the mud. More partying on the blvd is good.

GTTG

(go to the game)
gostangs

Postby BUS » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:08 pm

What he said. Chill

Need to improve the post score.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby fifty » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:29 pm

Just saw this...oh my god. Was this a forgotten leftover from the soiree posters marketing campaign? Put those damn things inside the stadium then maybe people will come in. Next they will stage an equestrian match in the luxury seating area that takes place during the first quarter of football games with Orsini as Boulevard hype man claiming top25 athletics.

At least it will make money for the athletic department...I think.
fifty
Heisman

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Finally...I was sick of having to commingle with all of the riff-raff driving 3-series BMWs and wearing Vineyard Vines
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow! I hope the school makes out real well on these suites.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby ReedFrawg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Have to agree...not seeing anything luxury or suite - like in a storage container. And the price is truly hard to believe. Actually the whole thing seems like a joke... $40K for that???
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:Have to agree...not seeing anything luxury or suite - like in a storage container. And the price is truly hard to believe. Actually the whole thing seems like a joke... $40K for that???

There's a fan in the corner when temperatures go over 100 F.
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football