PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Stable: Orsini

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Stable: Orsini

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:52 pm

http://stablesports.com/2015/07/former- ... smus-bite/

Not sure if mex or june wrote this but it sure strikes hard at Turner and SMU as somehow tying up June's hands. No one care to think maybe June was lazy and did the same thing he did here a few years ago in Hawaii?
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Re: The Stable: Orsini

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby couch 'em » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Embarassing
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby jpe747 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:01 pm

After reading the above, I have to wonder; What is the "Official Long Term Plan" for SMU Sports?
jpe747
Heisman

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:38 pm

What a joke.

The author lists "pro wrestling" as a passion of his, so he clearly likes living in a fantasy land where things are made up and fake.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Truly terrible article. Lots of speculation and rumor, very little fact beyond a regurgitation of publicly stated facts and points we all knew anyway.

The fact is that Hart has done more to push this thing forward in his tenure in a quiet, professional manner than Orsini did with his "bull in a china shop" approach. Jones and Doherty failed spectacularly and Orsini was obviously wrong in opposing the hire of LB.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RednBlue11 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:42 pm

blackoutpony wrote:What a joke.

The author lists "pro wrestling" as a passion of his, so he clearly likes living in a fantasy land where things are made up and fake.

"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:13 pm

I can see why this writer identifies with June - they are kindred spirits - both lazy.

The reasons for Orsini's departure are the worst kept secrets on campus, and are ancient history. About 5 phone calls would have gotten this guy what he needed rather than a rehash of Daily Campus articles from two years ago.

Also - kicking June or defending June is all old hat at this point. Why dredge all that up again? It has been done to death. We are well down the road to a big time fix.

And that photo of lurch with his lei on has never made me feel more embarrassed for how long this took - especially now that we have a real staff.
gostangs

Postby fifty » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 pm

The official long term plan is to win in basketball and football. We have multimillion dollar coaches there and efforts allegedly in progress to build uber expensive facilities for football. What else do we need? 90s TheU roster and classes?

Also I didn't think the article was that bad. Better than the pieces June had DMN write.
fifty
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Yawn. I'm so sick of looking into the past, especially the years associated with June. The time to move on has long passed.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Fresno Mustang » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:31 am

LB fell into our lap. The author probably wasn't even a student yet at the time of that coaching search.

Random side note, that picture w/ JJ McDermot and June in the article, I forgot that McDermot was actually a decent sized qb
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Postby jpe747 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:04 am

fifty wrote:The official long term plan is to win in basketball and football. We have multimillion dollar coaches there and efforts allegedly in progress to build uber expensive facilities for football. What else do we need? 90s TheU roster and classes?

Also I didn't think the article was that bad. Better than the pieces June had DMN write.

Fifty, obviously that has been a big part of a plan since SMU began playing sports. And I, like most everyone, like all the on the field moves SMU is making. I am particularly pumped about Brown and Morris. However, I hope the plan is much deeper than this. For example, one of the things mentioned in the article is Orsini's aggressiveness toward moving to the Big12. So, I wonder what guidelines SMU has set to follow to get into the Big12 or another of the Power 5 conferences? I'm sure they have them. I just wonder what they are and how they have changed. Do they have strategies to increase advertising? Etc, etc, etc. If you look at the history of topics on this board, you can see these related questions make up many said topics.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:41 am

Just win and build new facilities and you can't write this [deleted] anymore without coming off as a moron
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:59 am

What a complete waste of time.
Bergermeister

Postby StallionsModelT » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:26 am

Fresno Mustang wrote:LB fell into our lap. The author probably wasn't even a student yet at the time of that coaching search.

Random side note, that picture w/ JJ McDermot and June in the article, I forgot that McDermot was actually a decent sized qb

JJ McDermott never met a beer he didn't like.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Next

Return to Football