PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rick Hart Explains SMU's Cost of Attendance Stipend

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rick Hart Explains SMU's Cost of Attendance Stipend

Postby Stallion » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:16 pm

btw I think he really is right that a smaller number could actually be the same thing as a larger number because costs are calculated differently at different schools. Its more a perception issue when schools give out bigger amounts-but article does a good job explaining it

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleg ... -story.ece
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Rick Hart Explains SMU's Cost of Attendance Stipend

Postby fifty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:28 pm

“We really should have had an advantage in some ways if you were looking at it similarly in previous years because we were already providing a greater percentage of the total cost of the scholarship,”

Yeah, we should have had an advantage but didn't because no one could explain it or cared. Now people are looking at the # and ours is on the low end. What is our selling point? Kids in prior years got a better deal from their scholarship? I would mobilize the number fudging team to get the # up using any idea possible.
fifty
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:08 pm

We seriously need to make ours look as large as possible. I don't understand why we wouldn't.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mestengo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:We seriously need to make ours look as large as possible. I don't understand why we wouldn't.

TWSS
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ghost » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm

In recent years smu has provided much larger monthly amount for players living in off campus housing compared to say TCU. Some players would share housing expenses further from campus to have extra spending money. The big difference I noticed was SMU not paying for both summer school sessions so players had to foot their own bill for two months in the first part of summer to stay and work out compared to Big 12 teams having early enrollees spring of senior year of high school AND paying for year round schooling/housing. Apartments and homes rent for 12 months not 9.vHas SMU changed their policy?
ghost
All-American

Return to Football