PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hahahahaha!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Hahahahaha!

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:11 pm

Guys. . .I don't think the DMN is out to get us. And yes, I am fully aware that they do these lists for every school, and that this is pretty much just filler stuff. Just thought it was funny, that's all. Not trying to be controversial.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 pm

1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Guys. . .I don't think the DMN is out to get us. And yes, I am fully aware that they do these lists for every school, and that this is pretty much just filler stuff. Just thought it was funny, that's all. Not trying to be controversial.

Everything in ponyfans is controversial lol
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
1983 Cotton Bowl wrote:Guys. . .I don't think the DMN is out to get us. And yes, I am fully aware that they do these lists for every school, and that this is pretty much just filler stuff. Just thought it was funny, that's all. Not trying to be controversial.

Everything in ponyfans is controversial lol

Now that's just a BS statement right there
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Pony147 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:Check out the first comment on the article.

Grandma Weeks is not having this

Yep obviously Weeks' family.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:11 pm

West Coast Johnny wrote:There is no way SMU is worse than last year.

This is my thinking, too.

We could go 0-12 and be significantly worse statistically and I would still have more hope for the program than I did last year. I refused to go to any more games or watch on TV until a coaching change occurred after watching the UNT debacle. That has never come close to happening before.

But this team was so bad I don't see how we could be worse even considering the change in schemes.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Ponyneighbor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm actually not laughing. I hope like crazy we win at least 3 games because that feels like a number that would keep all the recruiting momentum going. But just considering that the upperclassmen on this team came on board when JJ was boycotting recruiting, that most of the team is holdovers from a historically bad 2014 team, and all the reasons mentioned in the article, I fear they could be worse than last year
Ponyneighbor
Junior Varsity

Postby TidePony » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:36 pm

I think we are all going to be surprised in a good way this season. I have faith in these coaches to "coach up" June's team. I'm hoping we are 2-2 going into conference (aren't we all), and then finding some more wins in the AAC. Let's do this!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 am

Pony147 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:Check out the first comment on the article.

Grandma Weeks is not having this

Haha, always good times when relatives get involved in board discussions.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:42 am

I don't begrudge the comment about a revolving door of o-line coaches. The admin comment on the other hand.. If you're a current player or related to a current player, and say "the admin has made it overly difficult to get quality players in" or something to that effect.. Isn't that kind of self implicating? As in.. Admin makes it so we can't get quality guys so we're stuck w guys like me
RGV Pony

Postby gostangs » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:38 am

I know he had to just write this since it is a series, but there really is no possible way we can be worse. None. It is literally not possible.
gostangs

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:37 am

gostangs wrote:I know he had to just write this since it is a series, but there really is no possible way we can be worse. None. It is literally not possible.

Agreed. I think we are in a unique position as king of the Bottom 10. I'm actually starting to view GG's injury that tanked our bowl chances as somewhat of a positive (except for GG himself). Change was needed, and more mediocre success was not what we needed to make that change happen.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby knuckleup » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:06 am

This EJ clown is useless. He loves the negative spin and has nothing good to say. Kate please come back. At least she understood football. Pumped for a great season
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:12 am

Did E.J. steal your girlfriend?

(for good laugh check out his last 5 posts and 8 of his last 9 posts which call E.J. a clown or says he sucks)

....and actually just about every thing he writes has positively lauded Chad Morris and he was the only writer in the SMU community who had the balls to state that Emperor June Jones was not wearing any clothes a long time before it became obvious.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mavsrage311 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:09 pm

He got Kate's name right though this time. Baby steps.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby knuckleup » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:30 pm

Not unless I'm a lesbian. Seems y'all have a mancrush for EJ. Is he your boyfriend? Katie's my gal. Great writing! EJ is just plain weak writing.
Pony up
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football