PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: SMU vs. Baylor Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: SMU vs. Baylor Thread

Postby Pony Boss » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
mrydel wrote:Next time we play Baylor in Ford I am contacting the head of the officiating crew in advance and telling them to penalize Baylor for their band playing while we are calling signals. A couple of times they continued those damn horns after the ball was snapped. Blatant rules violation. And then they start their Alma Mater after we just started ours. Rude and crude.

I was contemplating running out on the field to tell the officials to flag their band. I couldn't think of any other way to get my message across at the time.

Playing after we started Varsity really is just rude and uncalled for. I would have thought they would be more considerate and friendly but I have known enough Baptist girls in my life to know better. F Baylor.

F Baylor those damn rapists. They are as bad as Texas Tech and Houston. I hope we travel well to waco next time and play varsity right as they play their crappy alma mater those immoral baptist rapists.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:57 am

Note in 2014 SMU didn't score 21 points until the 5th game of the year-this year we did it in first half against No. 4 team in the Country
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyte » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:14 am

A vast improvement to be sure. Offense looked much more physical and prepared. We handled Baylor's front 7 much better than last year's effort against just about any opponent..

The huge issue is the lack of tackling. It was worse last night than under Bennett or Jones. I was really stunned to see such poor angles and lack of basic tackling technique. And as in the past, it hurt us many a time.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby S....M....U » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:56 am

Missing the first tackle comes down to strength differential and it being the first game. Hopefully that will improve, but it was definitely one of the biggest issues on defense. As for the game overall, very proud of our guys and the improvements and effort they displayed. I am a very proud mustang today and can't wait to put a stomping on them in the near future once we add some depth overall and size and speed on d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame/SMU football game and doesn't care who wins" - Dwight David Eisenhower

Hail to the Red and the Blue.

S...........M............U

Moody Madness
S....M....U
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football