PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Summer Workouts an A++

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Summer Workouts an A++

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:02 pm

I have seen the new strength staff working with the summer ballers and they really look great. I knew the last guy, Jost and saw a few of his workouts as well, and it was like night and day - literally.

Jost did not even look the part of a strength coach, and who cares if he went to NEBRASKA. Since he has left for Florida State, there has been nothing but disagreements between him and the coaches.

Anyway, the new coach - Faucette is doing a unbelievable job. The ballers have a new attitude and are working hard. The one thing that was sorely needed, Faucette brought to the table . . .CONFIDENCE.

I really think that things will turn around here, but probably not this year - considering that he as only had about nine weeks to prepare for this season, but look out.

SMU MUSTANGS : GO HARD OR GO HOME.

Re: Summer Workouts an A++

Postby BUS » Sat Jul 07, 2001 3:23 pm

Great post. After the 60's and the beginning on scholarship limits..... Most team are more equal ( weak statement )

Our team needs attitude - I think with the added strength and size that has been talked about here, the key to play at SMU is attitude.

We recruit good people, nice guys and all BUT , I want to see so serious kick [deleted] attitude on the field. I want to see a fired up team come out for the first quarter - EVERY GAME.

We have the horses to win most games if we play smart, hard and with an angry attitude.

Go Coach Cavan and staff
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Summer Workouts an A++

Postby PK » Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:20 am

Right on BUS!! I'm with you on this for sure!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football