PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU-Baylor Prediction Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU-Baylor Prediction Thread

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:53 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:Another prediction: When you Foo's receive your Mustang Club cards you're not going to believe how far you've dropped in rank as they revamped everything on donation money level first priority points second.

Good quality card though beats the hell out of paper

I did get my tickets but still don't have my card and vouchers and I live about a mile from SMU.

Imma be upset if I don't get my "free" food and beer Friday!

just show up at the MC tent with your driver's license they will give you everything you need / want - they have a list with your name on it per MC

Thanks.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:09 am

I think they lost my name on the list.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smumustang1980 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:51 am

mrydel wrote:I am glad the Lettermans Club still likes me. I can at least get in the stadium and they have a tent on the Blvd.

Reggie Dupard is coming as well.
About 25 feet from the Hillcrest track... With the boots so tall and the writing on the wall...
smumustang1980
All-American

Postby BU24601 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:42 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:The only thing that really concerns me is if Baylor tries to make up for their allegedly weak preseason schedule by running it up on us to make a point with the media.

Briles doesn't do that. You're thinking of that other Big 12 coach that leaves his starters in until halfway through the 4th when they've scored 80 points.

Art didn't do it last year against K State when he had a chance (& a reason) and there's no way he does it against a Texas coach.

BU wins handily but I'd like to see the CM debut put some decent points on the board in the second half against the 2s. I need you to pull the season ending upset off in a few weeks.

See you on the Boulevard!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
BU24601

Postby StallionsModelT » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:45 pm

BU24601 wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:The only thing that really concerns me is if Baylor tries to make up for their allegedly weak preseason schedule by running it up on us to make a point with the media.

Briles doesn't do that. You're thinking of that other Big 12 coach that leaves his starters in until halfway through the 4th when they've scored 80 points.

Art didn't do it last year against K State when he had a chance (& a reason) and there's no way he does it against a Texas coach.

BU wins handily but I'd like to see the CM debut put some decent points on the board in the second half against the 2s. I need you to pull the season ending upset off in a few weeks.

See you on the Boulevard!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but after getting snubbed by the committee last year I don't see Baylor giving anyone a break this year. They'll be out to pound every team by as much as possible.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:46 pm

BU24601 wrote:

Briles doesn't do that.

BU24601, I guess we will hold you to that prediction.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby D1Football » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Baylor 7
SMU 9
D1Football
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 pm

You know I think SMU can hold them under 50 and score a few TDs. How about 42-17. They are playing with new QB, in opener on the road. Our offense will do a better job in protecting the QB with a couple of extra blockers and misdirection plays in this offense will break some plays especially if we can get some of our quicker backs involved. I'm excited to get some of our new playmakers in the mix. Sutton, Castille, Thomas, West and Xavier Jones
Last edited by Stallion on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sbsmith » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Baylor 62
SMU 13
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby BearSchlong » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Baylor defense is actually better than last year, but your team plays with more fire for CCM.

63-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BearSchlong

Postby lwjr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Stallion wrote:You know I think SMU can hold them under 50 and score a few TDs. How about 42-17. They are playing with new QB, in opener on the road. Our offense will do a better job in protecting the QB with a couple of extra blockers and misdirection plays in this offense will break some plays especially if we can get some of our quicker backs involved. I'm excited to get some of our new playmakers in the mix. Sutton, Castille, Thomas, West and Xavier Jones

No disrespect to you Stallion but I don't think the "new QB on the road" theory holds any water when talking about Baylor's offense. You know the stats on Russell and playing at Ford will not be a hostile environment. I hope I'm wrong.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:11 pm

BearSchlong wrote:Baylor defense is actually better than last year, but your team plays with more fire for CCM.

63-10

Come on, I want to win my $18.20 and have us cover the spread. You "only" scored 45 points against us last year, so lets use that number.

45-10. I also predict that footballdad and his son will both sit the entire game. #Toledo
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby footballdad » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:56 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
BearSchlong wrote:Baylor defense is actually better than last year, but your team plays with more fire for CCM.

63-10

Come on, I want to win my $18.20 and have us cover the spread. You "only" scored 45 points against us last year, so lets use that number.

45-10. I also predict that footballdad and his son will both sit the entire game. #Toledo

99-3

Sit? I'll be rolling down the grassy knoll with the kids in the second half :wink:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

63-10

Bears look like they are running a TCU like 4-2-5. That is if you look at their 2 deep chart.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:02 pm

footballdad wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:

63-10

99-3

Sit? I'll be rolling down the grassy knoll with the kids in the second half :wink:

I hope to drink enough to NOT remember the 2nd half...
PerunasHoof
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football